Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Old 07-03-2022, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that EQ life is generally fair is why life is unfair, it shouldnt be but life is unfair, so it is, you just dont see teh full circle, you're only seeing half of it.

Life is unfair, theirfor, life is fair in everquest, because that in turn makes it unfair, so it must be made fair, which makes it more unfair.

This is how the universe works until it collapses on itself and starts again (green 2)(The big bang)
Well now you're contradicting yourself again because before you said EQ is unfair because life is unfair. But now you're saying EQ is fair because life is unfair. Which one is it?

EQ was fair then somebody intentionally created unfairness overnigh (very easily) but those decisions can also be easily reversed and if you can do that in EQ life you can certainly do it in real life because real life is greater than eq life.

EQ needs real life not the other way around pal.

So life can be fair or unfair and therefore just because it appears unfair now it doesn't mean it can't be unfair later

There's two sides to life not 1 that's why EQlife exists.

That's why you exist.

You should want the same as me..happiness for all...instead of defending fake celebrities who don't give a shit about you.
Old 07-03-2022, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that EQ life is generally fair is why life is unfair, it shouldnt be but life is unfair, so it is, you just dont see teh full circle, you're only seeing half of it.

Life is unfair, theirfor, life is fair in everquest, because that in turn makes it unfair, so it must be made fair, which makes it more unfair.

This is how the universe works until it collapses on itself and starts again (green 2)(The big bang)
And wow, I've just realised how unscientific you're being because you're saying big bang creates total equality and as time goes on things become less equal (why?) so there needs to be another big bang to create total equality again.

But evolution is the complete opposite. We start out really dumb, thefore violent which is unfair, and as we evolve we grow smarter and less violent and more fair.

You're literally contradicting every scientist and politician and celebrity while defending them.

With your idea of evolution we should all be apes with sticks by now waiting for big bang when we're all each recreated as a beautiful einsteins and then somebody comes along with a mouse and makes some of us ugly.
Old 07-03-2022, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

No you're reading 3/4ths of the circle now im saying that inequality begets equality begets inequality until it becomes so unstable it collapses.
Old 07-03-2022, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
No you're reading 3/4ths of the circle now im saying that inequality begets equality begets inequality until it becomes so unstable it collapses.
Well I'm saying you don't need to keep burning bridges to fix the current bridge or build a new bridge.

You can have two bridges co-existing side by side serving two different purposes and if you take good care of them both they will last forever. It makes sense to use the very best materials right from the start if you want them to stand he test of time. After all, your creation is a reflection of you are as a person. Your creation is made in your image. Don't you want it to be a great reflection loved by all instead of just a few simple minded fools?

The bridge builder isn't required to abide by this new fangled idea that life has to be unfair because the bridge builder has two options to choose from, not just one, and you're not his master, it's not your bridge, and you didn't build them. Comprende?

The bridge builder can allow everybody to use his bridges or only some people. It's his choice really not yours and he might disagree with your "make life unfair for others but not me" campaign. If it were me building the bridge and you said to me "make life unfair for everybody except for me" then I would simply ban you because IMO if you love unfairness then you should be rewarded with it.

If you leave the bridge alone it won't automagically evolve into a bigger better bridge. The bridge builder needs to intervene and change it on purpose if he wants it to look bigger and better but why not just do that from the very beginning and let it be? Why fix what isn't broken?

Braid McQuaid once built a toll bridge and said that anybody who gives him $12 a month can use his bridge as much as they want. Then Brad McQuaid built a special lane on the bridge and said that new players are forbidden from using that lane.

Then somebody came along and replicated Brad's bridge (P99) so you don't need $ anymore to walk across Brad's toll bridge but the lane still exists and new players are forbidden from using it.

I suggest you put up a sign above the special lane,

"WHITES ONLY".

Because it's no different.

However, your bridge not mine.

I can always make a chanter and they're gonna blowup the bridge eventually anyway to build a new one and the whole process will start again...working for nothing.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:16 PM
Banned

Somebody told me that scarcity creates value so here's a few ideas.

Charge everybody $1 billion a month to play EQ.

Then EQ will have value and anybody who plays it will feel extra special about themselves while they play alone.

Because life isn't fair. Sorry. No more EQ for you unless you pay $1 billion a month.

And those Prevost RV's are way too common so increase the price to $5 billion. Why charge only $2 million? That doesn't sound rare. It's not very exclusive.

Increase prices across the board. Make pickup trucks cost $10 million each and a Big Mac $100k.

Increase scarcity by artificial means so less people can feel more valueable.

Make anybody who has a guise pay $10 million to keep it.

Because life isn't fair. Sorry.

Make the internet scarce by charging $100 million a month to use it. Then it will have more value.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:45 PM
Banned

Here's some more ideas to create value through artificial scarcity.

Make every spell cost 1 billion mana and make the mana regen rate 1 tick per year.

That way mana will have value because it's so scarce.

Then people can feel special and exclusive as they stare at their scarce mana.

It's genius.

Here's another idea...

Remove all mobs except 1 and give it a respawn rate of 10 years and make it so that you need 1000 players to kill it.

Then the loot will have value and people can feel good.

You might get lag but because low pings will be scarce it means you will have value nonetheless.
Old 07-04-2022, 09:35 AM
Banned

It sounds like you need to make a video game OP.

Hth
Old 07-04-2022, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

I need to see peer reviewed citations on

1) is unfairness bad game design
2) whether Everquest game design is unfair
And
3) whether any assumed bad game design is intentional

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 07-04-2022, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Remove all mobs except 1 and give it a respawn rate of 10 years and make it so that you need 1000 players to kill it.
Literally Kerafym.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 07-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

I agree, the "legacy item" implementation on p99 servers is pretty dumb.

It's dumb because on live, no one knew these items were going to be nerfed and removed from the game.

It's dumb because it makes the obtaining of these items the most valuable thing you can do when a new server launches.

It's dumb because it isn't classic. No live servers had manastones after the original ones were nerfed. No new live servers had guises after the original ones were nerfed. So on and so forth.

It is my greatest hope that future p99 servers do not have these items implemented in the non-classic and game ruining way they have been introduced on green.
Lost but not forgotten.