Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-29-2023, 01:31 AM
Fire Giant

Default Current state of blue vs. green?

I haven't logged into P99 in a long time. If the pop counter is correct it looks like green has twice the active pop of blue? Is that accurate? I logged into blue and ran around a bit (between swamp and EC) and felt pretty dead but don't even remember how busy it was when I last played years ago so can't really tell how much more dead it might be (if at all).
Old 05-29-2023, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

most of the hardcore raiders play both, casual raid scene died a year into velious now its all hardcore raiders lurking on alts to sponge up more raid loot, casual non raiders show up mostly on the weekends or in the evening. blue trade scene is dead its all chardok loot in the tunnel but supposedly people use discord pretty effectively even though thats not classic.

a new tlp is overdue but if theres enough to launch a TLP without affecting blue and green remains to be seen.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most of the hardcore raiders play both, casual raid scene died a year into velious now its all hardcore raiders lurking on alts to sponge up more raid loot, casual non raiders show up mostly on the weekends or in the evening. blue trade scene is dead its all chardok loot in the tunnel but supposedly people use discord pretty effectively even though thats not classic.

a new tlp is overdue but if theres enough to launch a TLP without affecting blue and green remains to be seen.
Damn. That's too bad. That is sort of the feeling that I got. I tried to talk in OOC in EC but nobody even bothered to reply. There were a handful of people in the tunnel (mostly AFK) with a few sporadic, sad auctions.

The one thing I wasn't really interested in (raiding) seems to be the only thing that isn't dead. Sad. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-29-2023, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one thing I wasn't really interested in (raiding) seems to be the only thing that isn't dead. Sad. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah this is the primary reason the game sux
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-29-2023, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Blue = museum, barely any XP groups under 45 because they're being powerleveled. Stagnant raid scene, but more chill people because it doesn't really matter as they're on their 11th alt. Dead EC tunnel economy

Green = Bloodthirsty, shrill, and overcamped. The kinda place where someone will petition you at the level 5 Orc Tent because they don't understand social aggro, died to too many orcs, then say you trained and griefed them.
Old 05-29-2023, 09:26 PM
Orc

Haven't been on Blue in a while, but I would also like to point out that Green is much more rife with hella stupid names (compared to what I remember on Blue).
Old 05-29-2023, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue = museum, barely any XP groups under 45 because they're being powerleveled. Stagnant raid scene, but more chill people because it doesn't really matter as they're on their 11th alt. Dead EC tunnel economy

Green = Bloodthirsty, shrill, and overcamped. The kinda place where someone will petition you at the level 5 Orc Tent because they don't understand social aggro, died to too many orcs, then say you trained and griefed them.
Good lord. What has happened to P99? When I played years ago on blue..sure the end game raiding scene was kind of toxic but the rest of the game was pretty good. I found groups everywhere. EC tunnel seemed active enough. It was overall a pretty fun leveling experience and even some of the low end raiding was pretty fun (usually). Seems like any semblance of "classic" EQ might actually be dead dead now. Sad.
Old 05-29-2023, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine ever logging into ec tunnel ever again when discordquest exists
Old 05-30-2023, 01:00 AM
Kobold

42 Iksar Warrior Muhwife

Had a bad time after coming in after several years (last played when velious came out on p99/blue) trying to find a group as a 40-41 warrior this weekend on blue. There were people doing things, but it was all small groups/duos or power leveling. I even solo'd for awhile and offered this yeti camp in DL to a 40 monk who came by and they didn't respond. Bad luck eventually happened and I had to run out. When I came back, it was the same monk and a 57 shaman with them inside the case. I'm not mad they moved in, I'm mad they didn't take the offer in the first place where I would've left. Why didn't they want to talk? Is socializing that bad on blue?

Very little people want to group in this server or are tribalistic. I did manage to meet a nice Shaman and and monk/paladin yesterday for some pretty good xp, and even a druid lfg today, but there was endless hours of lfg between all that. Not to mention the EC trade tunnel is dead. Did I go to various places to look for a group in my range? Yes, even making sure to talk with some druids or wizards to make sure I moved around in a timely matter. And of course I tipped.

I'm still here lfg, and I'm just going to solo what I can in Dreadlands until I run out of bandages.
Old 05-30-2023, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwargod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
42 Iksar Warrior Muhwife

Had a bad time after coming in after several years (last played when velious came out on p99/blue) trying to find a group as a 40-41 warrior this weekend on blue. There were people doing things, but it was all small groups/duos or power leveling. I even solo'd for awhile and offered this yeti camp in DL to a 40 monk who came by and they didn't respond. Bad luck eventually happened and I had to run out. When I came back, it was the same monk and a 57 shaman with them inside the case. I'm not mad they moved in, I'm mad they didn't take the offer in the first place where I would've left. Why didn't they want to talk? Is socializing that bad on blue?

Very little people want to group in this server or are tribalistic. I did manage to meet a nice Shaman and and monk/paladin yesterday for some pretty good xp, and even a druid lfg today, but there was endless hours of lfg between all that. Not to mention the EC trade tunnel is dead. Did I go to various places to look for a group in my range? Yes, even making sure to talk with some druids or wizards to make sure I moved around in a timely matter. And of course I tipped.

I'm still here lfg, and I'm just going to solo what I can in Dreadlands until I run out of bandages.
pugs are pretty hard to find nowadays, on bright side there is some good leveling type guilds to find and make grouping slightly easier. Tunnel is kinda dead cause a lot of folks moved to discord tunnelquest so that ya dont have to sit there all the time.