Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default Coronavirus was killed by George Floyd

It's interesting how the masses can go from one emotion fueled overreaction to another.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

There is already a riot thread and a covid thread. What made you think we needed this thread.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is already a riot thread and a covid thread. What made you think we needed this thread.
6337 posts and you still think you’re worth listening to?
Old 05-31-2020, 11:15 PM
Banned

how dare you make a thread
Old 06-01-2020, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

This only proves that Covid-19 was never the imminent death threat that the MSM preached and prophetized.

Were Covid-19 a real, major public health emergency, Then every public official (left or right) would be locking down the movements of their citizens.

They would all be changing stay-at-home orders to Shelter In Place orders.

The word "lockdown" has been thrown around loosely, however no such orders have been given.

Coronavirus was killed by George Floyd (RIP)
Old 06-01-2020, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

I love cross overs!

Coming up to 40k deaths in the UK, might seem grimdark but ‘only’ about 1 in 2000 recorded cases thus far have lead to death. The NHS was close to being overwhelmed, so it is a good job our lockdown wasn’t any later than it was, but it’s being eased a little now, while trying to keep R* to 1 so the active number of cases remains stable and treatable.

*R means the rate of transmission, so a R of 1 would mean each person with Corona passes it on to one other person, so the number of active cases doesn’t increase.

The easing of restrictions predates George Floyd’s death her, so I suggest you have causality reversed. People were already less scared of corona, which is why an incident like GF had become more likely to happen again.

What I will say is GF is dominating the internet zeitgeist currently, displacing corona.

The riots are certainly a convenient vehicle to create antipathy towards the lower classes and rally the calls to send them back to work without a care for the risks.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This only proves that Covid-19 was never the imminent death threat that the MSM preached and prophetized.

Were Covid-19 a real, major public health emergency, Then every public official (left or right) would be locking down the movements of their citizens.

They would all be changing stay-at-home orders to Shelter In Place orders.

The word "lockdown" has been thrown around loosely, however no such orders have been given.

Coronavirus was killed by George Floyd (RIP)
Yeah man, 100,000 deaths in the US is insignificant amirite? Definitely not a "real" public health emergency. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2020, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Biiiiiig shrugs.... Next?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah man, 100,000 deaths in the US is insignificant amirite? Definitely not a "real" public health emergency. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overcounting is real and will continue to be so as long as hospitals get $13,000 for every Covid patient admitted and $39,000 for every Covid patient thrown on a ventilator. 42% of deaths are from nursing homes - a place where people literally go to die. All things considered, I’d say the flu is more dangerous than covid.

The media has thrown the masses into hysterics over covid, and is doing so with George Floyd. The media profits off sensationally bad news, the worse they can make something sound, the better. To counter this, you have prominent blacks like Killer Mike in Atlanta calling for CNN to give people hope instead of desperation.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Population 330,000,000, deaths 100,000 (I'll give you that number despite overcounting).

That's 1 death per 3300 people. For that we've shutdown the economy.

If you want to scare me with a virus then show me a scary virus. This ain't it. And the next time, when a scary one does show up, all the villagers will remember when the government cried wolf...

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread