Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 03:13 AM
Sarnak

your points about ping and autofire are good ones, and anyone who doesn't recognize it is stupid. A roll may not be the best solution, but if you want to get any sort of agreement on that (or any other proposed scheme) here is what you have to do:

Before lodi spawns, convince all the lodi campers you can to use the roll method. When it spawns, if one of the people who agreed to the roll gets the FTE, then all the rollers kill it and respect the roll. Everyone will still have to try to FTE until you can get everyone to agree.

Yeah, it's a bit silly that people can show up on just their 9th low-lvl alt to win scout, although the point about them not being able to kill it on their own isn't a great one. It's a duoable mob. I'm sure I could find enough help to kill to it from friends/guildys once I won the turnin (or the roll if the other rollers weren't expected to help). The current scout system isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than clickfest.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Velious has been out for 5 years dude
Old 06-02-2020, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Serious question, what is the rule against kiting Lodizal for around 10 minutes? Nephinine an Officer in Dawn Believers kited Lodizal for around 10 minutes this AM while he waited for Jailen (shaman) to wakeup and get ported over. I know this was brought up ages ago but this seems excessive. Allowing someone to kite for a couple minutes is reasonable but 10 can't possibly be acceptable. Have the GM's actually given the approval to do this?
Old 06-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious question, what is the rule against kiting Lodizal for around 10 minutes? Nephinine an Officer in Dawn Believers kited Lodizal for around 10 minutes this AM while he waited for Jailen (shaman) to wakeup and get ported over. I know this was brought up ages ago but this seems excessive. Allowing someone to kite for a couple minutes is reasonable but 10 can't possibly be acceptable. Have the GM's actually given the approval to do this?
A few months ago it was arbitrated by Medris that you must be actively working to debuff Lodi if you're kiting. You can't just run him around.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few months ago it was arbitrated by Medris that you must be actively working to debuff Lodi if you're kiting. You can't just run him around.
Did Medris say that on the P99 boards or ingame? Do you have a link to that or logs? @Medris What say you?!
Old 06-02-2020, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL. I kited him for literally 2 minutes while our shaman arrived. No need to use hyperbole. If you'd like to take this issue to the GMs and quibble over the time, I have my OBS recording. Do you have yours?

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Oh, sorry, my mistake. THREE minutes. My logs show from 7:32 to 7:35 I had it alone and was kiting it and casting engulfing darkness on it. So, please, stop with the hyperbole. I am not the problem here. The one individual using autofire keyboard and two-boxing his warrior to get Lodizal so he can fund his guild with Lodi shells and belts is the problem.

Besides, I would not have kited him around if that were not the precedent set. That you have like 5 minutes to run him around and snare him.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Again I'm just trying to find out whats acceptable. I know Bearnuts is the real problem here. Running around casting engulfing darkness is definitely a debuff yes but once you landed your debuff what were you doing to actively kill it? Cast more of the same debuff? You know you were just stalling casting a "debuff" to stay within the guidelines set by Medris even though you had no way to actually kill it until your guild shaman got out of bed and ported over lol.

Bottom line is whether you were kiting for 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 10 minutes or a hour, you shouldn't be FTEing something unless you have a kill force there. Not sure why the GMs have determined this to be acceptable when no other mob is like this. Nephinine i personally don't have anything against you for what it's worth, just was a little confused as to how that was acceptable this AM.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Again I'm just trying to find out whats acceptable. I know Bearnuts is the real problem here. Running around casting engulfing darkness is definitely a debuff yes but once you landed your debuff what were you doing to actively kill it? Cast more of the same debuff? You know you were just stalling casting a "debuff" to stay within the guidelines set by Medris even though you had no way to actually kill it until your guild shaman got out of bed and ported over lol.

Bottom line is whether you were kiting for 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 10 minutes or a hour, you shouldn't be FTEing something unless you have a kill force there. Not sure why the GMs have determined this to be acceptable when no other mob is like this. Nephinine i personally don't have anything against you for what it's worth, just was a little confused as to how that was acceptable this AM.
We had a kill force there. Kanshu was sitting in the water and fell asleep at his keyboard because he was probably up all night, lol. Nothing I could do about that except call in the cavalry. I did not know he fell asleep at the keyboard until I was already running it around with darkness.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

100% on board with making lodi a ring8/shady style roll.
Closed Thread