Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those dwarves have a special faction only they are on. About 10-12 of them in butcherblock.

That being said, I know they are a common path for Druids, but I've always been of the opinion that since you are the most mobile of any class and will likely find your way into many starting cities, best to not hurt any factions of friendly NPCs. Regardless of how small.

42-49 Dreadlands - Quadding non-spiders
42-49 Timorous Deep - Quadding spirocs
42-49 Rathe Mountains - Quadding hill giants (may need 44 or 46 and lumi staff)
42-49 Kedge Keep - charm killing everything

(Verrious)

42-49 Cobalt Scar - Quadding Othmir or Wyverns
awesome, thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Those dwarves have a special faction only they are on. About 10-12 of them in butcherblock.
This.

Also they have very good loot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. But yeah, lore wise it's not the best idea around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

There's no Dwarf Commoners in Kaladim proper.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-27-2014, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

But still I like being able to visit the docks on my way to OoT without getting jumped by bearded women.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few comments from my end:

Charm spell setup:

1. Wildfire
2. Superior Healing
3. Glamour
4. Call of Karana
5. Invis / Savage Spirit / Enveloping Roots (AE root 60) -- depending on goblin gazughi
6. Engorging Roots
7. Shield of Blades
8. Gate

This differs from yours in a few ways.

No regrowth, no snare, no DoT.

Regrowth - no need to keep this up full time. Buff yourself with it each time it drops but that's it.
Snare - when root/snare stacking is fixed I'd revisit this. But currently root is far more valuable in locations like kedge keep or permafrost. In Chardok group yea sure ensnare your pet and drop the gem for 15min
DoT - high end Druids have ES Vambraces. You shouldn't waste mana on real DoTs when charming.

Your "swap" slot, I keep all 3 up permanently. Because we aren't often keeping a charmed pet for long durations so you will need to re glamour and DS/haste as you get new pets.

Also you reference our 19 haste, feral spirit. Which is 20% I think. Our 44 haste savage spirits is 70%.... Which is amazing. Though I only really use haste in groups or if I'm trying to solo something hard in kedge like Estrella or Tainted/Corrupted.

I almost always DS my pet though. Very efficient damage especially when your pet is tanking multiples.

As for your group setup:

1. Wildfire
2. Superior Healing
3. Buffs (Regrowth of the Grove / Girdle of Tunare / Resists / SoW)
4. Breath of Ro
5. Enveloping Roots
6. Engorging Roots
7. Shield of Blades
8. Succor

Similar to yours again.

But again, no Snare and no regrowth - although this is mainly due to level 60 AE root being available to me.

Snare - ES gauntlets if you need to prevent runners. If you really must have a spell use Snare, not Ensnare. Costs less mana, does same thing. No group mob should live for 3+ min, long enough for snare to end.
Regrowth - I just cycle 1 buff spell slot for this. AE root is too awesome to not keep up.
DoT - Breath of Ro is our only useful DoT worth casting. It's 1030 DMG for 225 mana. Compared to 1100 DMG for 300 mana. 70 DMG for 75 mana difference. PLUS breath reduces first resist.

Charm no longer is affected by CHA for Druids. It was when I started on the server but has since been removed according to devs. Check the forums there is a post on it in patch notes.

Note on charming rats in Hate. While it does make you feel more useful, they proc a DoT so they will chain break mez if you let them attack anything too early.

To answer Tecmos' few questions/comments:

Ghetto stun - whirling winds is our lowest but they are all relatively easy to resist and outdoor only. So in dungeons like Chardok, Sebilis and Charasis with lots of casters... It doesn't do us any good.
Harmony - again outdoor limited. Useful for breaking rooms since it has an enormous AE range and it *should* be impossible to get a critical fail. I don't spend too much time in outdoor zones anymore and when I do I don't need to split stuff. But that's how it should function and was a big selling point of it over other lulls.
Track - lol revisit this when Velious rolls around. 50 track blows. It has it's uses (namely in dungeons that are very vertical like kedge keep since distance is less of a factor there) but largely it sucks until it gets pushed to 125 skill again.
Dispell - useful as described above and for pulling rooted mobs to camp. Should be pretty self explanatory though.

As for group sales, I'll use last night as an example.

I sat at Sebilis entrance LFG for the first time in probably a year. Saw 4 other LFGs: 60 war, 56 rogue, 52 SK. So I figure, why not kill stuff at entrance because science.

Invited all 3. The 60 war was AFK, but the 56 rogue and 52 SK join me. I group buff regen and DS the warrior and start pulling.

Pulls - most mobs in Sebilis come in pairs or more. So each time is root one and run back with the other. At 56+ your root is extremely reliable and you can keep that mob rooted for damn near the full duration of the spell.

We clear the entry hallway like this. Eventually a 60 cleric and enchanter show up to buff us, on his cleric he threw a few CHeals so I could keep pulling. Then a 54 cleric shows up. As well as a 58 rogue. The 52 SK has to leave who is immediately replaced by a 55 SK.

(60 dru, 58 rog, 56 rog, 55 SK, 54 cler)

We are informed a 51 enchanter is heading to join us. So we keep pulling.

Eventually we get trained at entrance with about 5~ mobs right as the entry 2 are repopping. The SK gets aggro on them all and I throw an AE root. I let the rogues and SK know they should back away, voila, single mob. The repops happen and I keep the 4 rooted. We clear up repops and then I start breaking roots with dispel. All cleared, no problems.

The enchanter finally arrives and we head to crypt. I continually keep Regrowth (15regen) on the entire group and Shield of Blades (32 DS) up on the tank the entire night. Inside the crypt at the first drop off with multiple undead, due to our cleric/enchanter being the lowest in the group and their lulls have a perpencity to critical resist here, I keep pulling.

Entry spawn of 3 mobs plus 1 pet, I AE root the mob with the pet and the size of the ARE is large enough to get 2 mobs and a pet. Instant single mob. Kill him and dispell one mob and then we engage the mob + pet while still rooted.
We move into crypt and clear the easy singles. ES vambracing and snaring each mob free of mana and tossing occasional nukes / refreshes of DS/STR/Regen.

We head to Emp room. The 2 skeletons at doorway, no problem, root back one and single mob again. Same deal with pather + blood PHer.

The emperor room break is fun! I target an add on the left and AE root. Unfortunately only 1 root sticks and 2 resist. 4 mobs on top of Druid face. Cleric tosses me a heal and 3 mobs get on cleric (tank/rogue are killing the other). I AE root the 3 on cleric this time only 1 resist and it charges me. The enchanter is able to lock it down. As the fight wears on we are taking them one by one but the enchanter runs oom with 3 left. I end up rooting the Emp PHer a second time, unfortunately putting him into summon HP range. But one round every summon is manageable for me with regen constantly ticking and my own heals.

We break the room and head back to crypt to med. Now that it's broken we have an easy 3~ or so clears until our SK lags out. This is mid respawn of the emperor room and we certainly don't want to let that respawn and need to be broken, so the 58 rogue tanks for a mob. In the meantime I loaded up Flame Lick in my buff slot and put on my ES gauntlets. I buff myself with DS and a DS potion as well as my self DS/AC cost buff. 69 DS per swing... For the next round I tank. Spamming Flame Lick -> ES gauntlet click -> Repeat, I'm able to hold aggro and allow both rogues to continue backstabbing. With heroic bond / symbol, my HP is probably only 2.3k or so, but with slow, my own heals + regen and a cleric tossing a CH every once in awhile, there are virtually no issues keeping me alive while tanking. Our DPS stays pretty constant with my increased DS value and the fact that I get hit more often than the SK, so we are able to keep killing until he gets back.

He doesn't really get back any time soon so we go a full round with a Druid tank and find a replacement. At this point in time I am heading to bed and I grab a Necromancer to replace me. At the end of the night I feel I contributed to my group more than any of them thought I would going into the crypt.

I played roll of healer, puller, root CC, back-up healer, tank and buffer throughout the night. We had 1 death of a rogue, I'm not entirely sure how it happened and the SK who crashed ended up dying while LD the 2nd time.

We got a JBB, cone of mystic, tash stick, 2 boxes of nil space and sword of skyfire over the course of the night. As well as about 20% of a level at 60.

That's why you invite a Druid to your group. Because when other people either suck (and I'm not saying people in this group did) or LD or have to leave suddenly, you can fill that void in about any area of the game and allow the group to keep killing. You as a Druid just need to be aware what buffs, spells and strategies you need to modify to make it happen. That often requires you to instruct people in your group as to what's happening. A monk will often happily tank and get frustrated if you're pulling aggro. But if he is losing it to the enchanter/cleric/shaman it's best you flame lick / snare and lock aggro so they can limit their healing to a single player.
i know this is old, but i take back everything i ever said about druids.