Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

If you put harvest in slot one and press an instaclick although the gem looks like you can insta recast if you try it you get a message saying the spell isn't ready yet.

Not sure if I might have tested it wrong?
Old 10-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

You tested it correctly, thats how it works on this server.

However the way I read Nirgon's post, he was claiming you could chain fire it I think... I highly doubt that live servers included the "spell isn't ready yet" bug.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Well if Enchanters can use global clickies to reset theft of thought, we might as well all go home now.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if Enchanters can use global clickies to reset theft of thought, we might as well all go home now.
People are grossly misinterpreting this mechanic.

The spell recast(recharge/cooldown) time is never circumvented or shortened.

The only thing that is shortened by this is the global cooldown aka recast delay between spells. About 1.5 seconds of wait time.

It's how a shaman can spam their highest 2 cannibalize spells, but not talisman etc that have a lengthy recast.
Last edited by Korben; 10-16-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Old 10-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Protip: You can chain cast Canni 4 with no delay.

wtb Velious.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are grossly misinterpreting this mechanic.
No, you are grossly misinterpreting my post, which was replying to Daldaen's suggestion that in true classic EverQuest you should be able to have one spell ignore the cooldown via a clicky.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you are grossly misinterpreting my post, which was replying to Daldaen's suggestion that in true classic EverQuest you should be able to have one spell ignore the cooldown via a clicky.
Well maybe there's that. Didn't know you were responding specifically to him and being sarcastic about it since no quote. Just figured a general response.

Poop.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:51 AM
Banned

Spell slot 1 info:

Spell in slot one has a 5 second Cool down 4 second cast.

Cast 1.

Click.

Pause 1 second.

Recast.

4 second cast time..

..spell fires at 5.01 seconds after first cast & succeeds.

If you did not pause 1 second spell would fire while the spell was "cooling down" and would not meet cool Dow requirements.

Without this slot 1 trick the 5 second cool down 4 second cast would require 9 seconds to fire twice.

You effectively are able to cast the spell every 5.01 seconds instead.

Hope that's clear!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Or wizard harvest, or cleric DA, or any other spell that was balanced with a very long recast time.

Can you imagine being able to Chain ToT and chain dictate...

I think it's pretty clear this mechanic was not OP enough to remove the recast time of the spell itself, just the global recast time.

The slot 1 bug needs to get fixed. Allowing chain Canni or what have you is broken (just not nearly as broken as the spells listed above).
Old 10-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or wizard harvest, or cleric DA, or any other spell that was balanced with a very long recast time.

Can you imagine being able to Chain ToT and chain dictate...

I think it's pretty clear this mechanic was not OP enough to remove the recast time of the spell itself, just the global recast time.

The slot 1 bug needs to get fixed. Allowing chain Canni or what have you is broken (just not nearly as broken as the spells listed above).
yea but was it broken in classic?

oooo...
Closed Thread