Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

1-59 sucks without Regen.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Banned

I would never disagree that regen is great. But anything but Fungi is just a placebo

Ask your self, would you spend 20k for an iskar BP if you couldnt afford a Fungi?

if the answer is yes, then roll a Ogre because that means you care too much about game play effects that arnt really game changing and will eventually be so bummed you didnt omit frontal stun from your eq.

If no, then roll which ever class will make you RP the hardest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do kinda wish I rolled a troll instead of barb. Not at all for the regen, but for the siiiiiick full plate graphic omg.

but i must not discount the Eyepatch.... that is a racial attribute that is arguably more valuable than even if you were to combine stunimmune+regen!

What we're getting at guys is Shaman is a class worth playing to 60 twice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What we're getting at guys is Shaman is a class worth playing to 60 twice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen. And having done it twice myself (once on live, once here), I'm now seriously considering doing it a third time just so I can try a non-Barbarian race.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to power-game things for when you someday hit 60, the hierarchy of shaman races is basically:
  1. Ogre (stun immunity is handy for soloing at high levels)
  2. Troll (regen is great, and they can use the JBB)
  3. Iksar (regen is great, but no JBB)
  4. Barbarian (no immunity, no regen)
This list is correct, except I'd put Iksars below Barbarians as the worse Shaman race. People don't really seem to consider starting stats for some reason, and Iksar starting stats are really bad compared to the other 3 races. That might not be enough to bury them, but being restricted from certain gear (especially JBB) does. They get some better resist gear choices in Kunark (Scaled Mystic, Stone of Morid, etc), but it's not enough to make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do Barbarians still have that annoying graphical glitch where their shoes are black? Yeah go Troll.
There's a fix for this, also fixes the black splotches on dark elf armor, dragon wings, evil eyes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stun immunity doesn't mean you can solo anything that someone with stun immunity can't. You are wrong if you think so. If a stun prevents you from end game soloing you suck and shouldn't be trying to end game solo.
Nothing really "prevents" you from end game soloing, it's just not having certain things makes your life more difficult, and in a really close fight you could lose without access to stun immunity / JBB / whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If regen was king, high end shamans would never take off Fungis. But they do. Regen loses a lot of its appeal once you get torpor.
Shamans take off their fungis? I never do unless A) I need to equip a resist chest for an AE fight, or B) I'm standing in EC and want to equip my Jaundiced Bone BP for vanity. It's really noticeable when I'm not wearing my fungi, even with access to Torpor. You don't really want to be casting Torpor, you just have to occasionally. I'd go as far as to say that the only upgrade to fungi bp in the game for a Shaman is Vindi BP.
Last edited by Byrjun; 09-30-2014 at 09:35 AM..
Old 09-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Yea we had shamans wearing Fungi through PoP (given they were unlucky and didn't win Lunar Fungus Tunic from VT).

Until you were able to cap regeneration through a variety of other items, it kept its value. Even with Torpor and Quiessence.

No stat is really more valuable than HP regen for a shaman unless, as Byrjun states, you need resist. Even then, with a classic 255 resist cap you can pretty easily hit or get close by swapping out other gear (especially with a bard). I'd tend to argue Fungi's 15 regen beats out Vindi BP's 2 + 100 HP/15STA/15Resists. Unless you're in a fight where you need the resists or when your maximum HP absolutely must be up there because the mob you're fighting hits so hard.

In a general raid with trash or a grind group or soloing against mobs that don't summon or do but don't hit like a truck, Fungi will outperform and allow you to cast and do more than Vindi BP will.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Banned

You do not need class attributes to do anything at 60.

Period

PERIOD

60 wins fights because of it's level not avoiding one stun fighting 4 green low blue mobs being click dotted to death. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This list is correct, except I'd put Iksars below Barbarians as the worse Shaman race. People don't really seem to consider starting stats for some reason, and Iksar starting stats are really bad compared to the other 3 races. That might not be enough to bury them, but being restricted from certain gear (especially JBB) does. They get some better resist gear choices in Kunark (Scaled Mystic, Stone of Morid, etc), but it's not enough to make up for it.

There's a fix for this, also fixes the black splotches on dark elf armor, dragon wings, evil eyes, etc.

Nothing really "prevents" you from end game soloing, it's just not having certain things makes your life more difficult, and in a really close fight you could lose without access to stun immunity / JBB / whatever.

Shamans take off their fungis? I never do unless A) I need to equip a resist chest for an AE fight, or B) I'm standing in EC and want to equip my Jaundiced Bone BP for vanity. It's really noticeable when I'm not wearing my fungi, even with access to Torpor. You don't really want to be casting Torpor, you just have to occasionally. I'd go as far as to say that the only upgrade to fungi bp in the game for a Shaman is Vindi BP.
I agree with this post almost in entirety. However, the JBB is over valued when people discuss Ikky shaman, it is not better than just 1 more epic click.. JBB becomes a toy at 50 so, ikky IMO (and moreso with velious gear) will be the strongest of all the shamans (if you are a min max nerd - which I am 100% not).

For a level 60 shaman MR/Regen > all other things. You said it yourself, shamans dont take off fungi unless its for vanity reasons (which I happen to think is the most important class based statistic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the vanity stat, ahh cant get enough vanity, that stat dont cap!).

So I disagree that Ikky is at the bottom, and challenge that it should be at the top!

About the barb shoes, you say there is a fix for this? Is it a patch? is it a local fix? I would love to know! thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So in the end troll/ikky I think are the only class based stat that really is valuable at 60 - troll can use JBB which is a fun toy. But MR is more important (however with any class gear at 60 you are well into the area of being safe from death because of an MR related non PVP attack).

Blind is like the only thing that's ever going to kill you, other than stupidity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS what about them barb shoes? fix? omg! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope this post doesn't rusttle some jimmys (if you think stun is #1 then by all means think that! But it is in my opinion inferior to the vanity stat)
Old 09-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:

About the barb shoes, you say there is a fix for this? Is it a patch? is it a local fix? I would love to know! thanks!
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73974

Hit the link for "Texture Repair Project".
Old 09-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Barbie

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

I miss times when 4/5 players were non-role/Anon.

It's a shame it's the reverse on this server :/.
Closed Thread