Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 07:23 AM
Aviak

Default Shaman stat buffs

STR
Obviously helps melee classes. Does benefit pets? Has this ever been parsed?

DEX
Proc rate, and how fast you learn melee skills. Other than that though no benefit that I can tell. Seems pointless for people to ask for this if they have no proc weapons. I assume it effects proc abilities like vampiric embrace?

AGI
AC? Hard to tell if this, or AC buffs for that matter really do much of anything though. Would love to know for sure.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Agi is for loot whores who are encumbered below 75 agi even when str buffed.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitz80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STR
Obviously helps melee classes. Does benefit pets? Has this ever been parsed?

DEX
Proc rate, and how fast you learn melee skills. Other than that though no benefit that I can tell. Seems pointless for people to ask for this if they have no proc weapons. I assume it effects proc abilities like vampiric embrace?

AGI
AC? Hard to tell if this, or AC buffs for that matter really do much of anything though. Would love to know for sure.
STR - In the few tests I've done, strength buff & debuff did not affect max npc damage. Perhaps it affects average damage, but I'm not sure.

DEX - Increases critical chance. Also increases hit rate in pvp (Hit rate in pvp involves an AGI vs DEX roll not present in pve).

AGI - It does increase AC a slight amount. More importantly, it increases avoidance in pvp.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

My understanding of AGI is that it does increase the AC number on your character screen, but that AC number has very questionable value compared to worn AC (the AC number on your gear). I'd say it's not worth buffing unless for some reason you are going below 75agi, like wearing a fungi for example, because there is a huge AC penalty for going under 75 agi.

Unless I have a proc weapon, only buff I really care about on my melee characters is strength. There seems to be a noticeable difference in the volume of max hits when my strength goes up.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Aviak

I just wish I knew for sure whether AC, AGI, sometimes dex was worth wasting mana and hassle buffing or not, and if buffing Mage pets or chanter pets helps their dps or not :x
Old 08-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

When I used to duo with my brother's mage back in the day, we noticed regarding pets that:
- HP buffs increase the life of the pet
- Sta buff doesn't increase the life of the pet
- Str buff doesn't increase the dps of the pet, however, it does increase the max backstab of the pet (water pet, didn't test with necro rogue pets, but guess it works the same).
- Regen buffs will also work on pet

If you want to increase the AC of the pet, you are better casting the AC buff rather than agility

That's pretty much about it
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Closed Thread