Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A basic stand canni sit macro does make things a little easier if your doing proper canni-dancing rather than canni-spamming.

/stand
/pause 14, /cast 1
/sit
Bingo, You can adjust the /pause 14 length +/- 1 or 2 based on your latency.
I recommend setting /stand to /pause 1, /stand As it can help with latency issues.

(Meditate server ticks + Canni)
Watch your current mana #, when you see it go up click the hotkey for that macro. Repeat until you're good on mana. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find this very effective if you're not in the heat of the moment and want to catch up on mana quickly.

(spam canni)
Have a clickie such as telescope, goblin earring, etc. Put it on a Hotkey.
Alt+1, Hotkey, wait 1-2 seconds, repeat
(Alt+1-8 are the default cast spell key(s), You can change it in the options if it helps)

So for me it was Thumb on Alt & middle finger on 1. I'd hold down Alt then hit 1, once I was done casting I'd take my thumb off Alt and hit my hotkey which I set to 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcwrestling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could probably make a macro to cast it a couple times in a row.

/cast #
/pause (till gems would ungrey)
/cast #
and so forth
This is also valid for uber laziness. It sucks the macro only allows 5 lines,. 1 line short of 2 stand,cast,sit macros on 1 hotkey.
Not as effective as spamming canni or the Med+Canni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it get better as you get higher level? Worse?
No
It never gets better, in fact it gets worse the higher level you are. It's a part of playing shaman. If you hate canni you'll hate being a shaman. Or you'll suck at shaman.
A lot of shamans don't know how to Canni Dance. I don't know why they even bother playing the class.

There is a healthy medium a good shaman will maintain between their Health and Mana. If you are a shaman and are at full life you better have full mana.
Never canni below 40-50% unless it is a life or death emergency that you know you can save.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-16-2016 at 11:10 PM..
Old 11-17-2016, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(spam canni)
Have a clickie such as telescope, goblin earring, etc. Put it on a Hotkey.
Alt+1, Hotkey, wait 1-2 seconds, repeat
(Alt+1-8 are the default cast spell key(s), You can change it in the options if it helps)

So for me it was Thumb on Alt & middle finger on 1. I'd hold down Alt then hit 1, once I was done casting I'd take my thumb off Alt and hit my hotkey which I set to 1.
I have my spells set up on the numpad, where spell 1 is /. I have my earring set to right arrow. I have sit/stand toggle set to `.

For me I just hit / with my middle finger, -> with my thumb and then ` with my left index finger. It's extremely comfortable and I can cast all my spells, look, attack, consider, etc. all without any stress on my hand. I have a separate ini file for my bard so he can use /stopsong macros instead of double-tapping.

People really need to break the mold and put buttons where it's comfortable for them....
Old 11-17-2016, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at it this way, at least you aren't playing bard.
This really puts it in perspective.

As for canni-dancing... its not so hard. I never used a macro but as long as you wait for the meditate "tick" and do it just after you'll find its not too bad.

Never understood shamans that dont sit for the med tick while they're canni'ing, you're only making it worse for yourselves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

With a clickie you can do two cannis and still get the med tick. It's like C4!
Old 11-20-2016, 08:22 PM
Kobold

I canni danced til about 55ish, once I had Canni 3, Iksar regen and regrowth my hp was good enough that I just spam cannid til had enough mana then sat (or casted) and did a few Canni dance. Then once I got a fungi at 58 and was roughly getting 40hp a tick standing I didn't bother with Canni dance anymore as had enough hp to mostly be able to stand full time and Canni spam.
This may be very different for non racial regen sham with no fungi - they may sill need to Canni dance til torpor.
Once 60 and torpor I've never medded again, just Canni spam > torpor > repeat til full mana.
If you don't like constant Canni or Canni dance then you won't like shaman so much, unless you level at afk camps where you can med while semi afk (but then you may as well be a wiz/dru/Mage)
Old 11-22-2016, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

The very moment a shaman hits 24, it should do whatever is necessary to do some travel armed with a few invis pots and a bribe ready for the Lower Guk side of getting this...

http://wiki.project1999.com/Star_of_Eyes

It's a wonderful feeling to burn a chain fire of canni off and then just sit and med like anyone else instead of doing that horrendous dance.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The very moment a shaman hits 24, it should do whatever is necessary to do some travel armed with a few invis pots and a bribe ready for the Lower Guk side of getting this...

http://wiki.project1999.com/Star_of_Eyes

It's a wonderful feeling to burn a chain fire of canni off and then just sit and med like anyone else instead of doing that horrendous dance.
It may be a "wonderful feeling" (not sure why, it's not really) but it is also incredibly inefficient.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Large Bat

Since torpor i stopped sitting at all except to swap spells.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A basic stand canni sit macro does make things a little easier if your doing proper canni-dancing rather than canni-spamming.

/stand
/pause 14, /cast 1 (whatever gem canni is set to)
/sit
This is exactly what I use. Canni II is still a better return than III. Like mentioned above, IV is less tedious.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

The only time I really canni dance is if time is of the essence. In most exp grps most of the time, it isn't. So if you are only doing it rarely when it matters it isn't so bad.

That being said, there are some short cuts you can take. For me, I switched my ui on my shaman to one that displays the mana pool in a very large font so I can see it easily. The above above macro will cut down the rest. Only one key to push, easy to see the tick. Can sit back and let the magic happen tapping one key.
Closed Thread