Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneysee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The moral indignation in these threads are hilarious. You're all playing on a reverse-engineered server! A company spent a lot of time and effort into making this game and you're getting all of this for free! So everyone playing this game is a "dirty whistle" as one fellow likes to repeatedly say. To the others who are just flabbergasted that people would pay money to get an edge or have more fun in a game are either naive or stupid. Take a basic economics course. Most problems come with two solutions, you can spend time or money. If I have more money than time then I will probably take advantage of this and do whatever I can to have more fun with the limited play time that I have.
Oh, you wanna get all "basic economics" on us, do you?

Fair enough.

You voluntarily entered an extremely high-risk transaction whereby your legal tender was exchanged for an intangible good that carried a high chance of being removed from your possession, or your access to said good denied, at any point in time.

In smaller words, you paid real fucking money for nothing.

Moral high ground? Yeah, I have a little bit of that. Mostly because I'm apparently in a select group of people that wouldn't dream of doing something so utterly fucking stupid. You do not belong to this group, clearly.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneysee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's definitely not legal, Sony has just looked the other way FOR NOW. Maybe they'll come out with their own God's Work banning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You...are an interesting individual.

Caught red-handed throwing cash at items on a server you knew full well was flying under the radar, and now you're slyly hoping for retribution against that server?

Are you a total dick for a living? I wouldn't be surprised, as you're clearly making enough money at it to buy your way to emulated success.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Kobold

So much morality BS here.

RMT doesn't make you a bad person any more than speeding on the freeway. Someone breaking the rules doesn't give ANYONE reason to get up on their high horse and condemn.

Everyone has broken rules for their own convenience, we're all human. The real crime is acting like a righteous person when someone else did something wrong.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappytwotoes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RMT doesn't make you a bad person any more than speeding on the freeway. Someone breaking the rules doesn't give ANYONE reason to get up on their high horse and condemn.

Everyone has broken rules for their own convenience, we're all human. The real crime is acting like a righteous person when someone else did something wrong.

this is great. ignoring the fact that server rules were broken to make the point. right. high ground or not the violators can be condemned by those who have not committed rule infractions.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fair enough.

You voluntarily entered an extremely high-risk transaction whereby your legal tender was exchanged for an intangible good that carried a high chance of being removed from your possession, or your access to said good denied, at any point in time.

Moral high ground? Yeah, I have a little bit of that. Mostly because I'm apparently in a select group of people that wouldn't dream of doing something so utterly fucking stupid. You do not belong to this group, clearly.
Actually, we paid real fucking money for a good amount of enjoyment. If experience and enjoyment aren't worth money, what is? Nobody is going to keep their items forever. The server will die. We just lost them earlier but we still got to have fun with them.
Scrawny Gnoll

RMT does affect others. Sellers can send their prices through the roof when folks walk in throwing their new coin around. Trying to save up for these items legitimately gets harder and harder as the prices continue to rise. The community is better when currency is as stable as possible.

And they should really stop with the "I don't have time to earn my own plats because family and job and responsibility" stuff.

I've Known plenty of folks that RMT'd over the years that I've played (EQLive and others) and they all had one thing in common, they were entitled and impatient. Didn't matter if they played a lot or a little, they want what they want, and they want it now.

Patience is a virtue. Just enjoy the journey, getting there is half the fun. But I'm sure they've heard that a thousand times and just don't buy it.
Planar Protector

It's so entertaining reading the half-baked, fringe BS you people come up with to try and reconcile your scummy behavior with right and wrong.

B-b-but other people do bad things, so it's not bad when I do them too!

I'll give you a hint to help you sort out all these emotions: RMT harms the integrity of the server.
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappytwotoes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ah, I remember being 14 years old.
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fair enough.

Dude, learn to read? Did I ever express any outrage over being banned? I can accept that. I just think the hypocrisy is palpable. I won't address anything else in your post because like the majority of the other holy rollers here you're full of spite and misplaced rage.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you realize it's the combating rmt that allows the server to stay up right?
How do you figure? The server was doing just fine back when it was allowed.
Last edited by Daysprung; 03-24-2014 at 03:13 PM..
Closed Thread