Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Orc

And an RMT needs to farm the cash somehow don't they?

They cant dup it, you guys catch that instantly based on history.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Flip shit in EC.

You don't think that guy running fungi raffles and pulling in 10k profit from them played the game do you?

He was banned right?
Old 03-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Spitty, it's kind of like telling someone that they are stupid for buying tickets to a concert or a sporting event. You don't really get anything out of it other than enjoyment from watching some entertainment. These guys didn't get anything other than enjoyment from having good items.
Well, that is pretty stupid if the number of Beibers onstage or Bears on the field exceeds zero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Levity aside, ok - someone bought plat to increase their personal enjoyment on P99. I accept that.

It's still a remarkably stupid decision, given the risk involved. I would draw an analogy of buying a ticket to a concert where there's a 90% chance you'll get inside the venue and the band won't be there. You still get to drive to the concert, fight for parking, get your stub scanned, buy an overpriced beer, the whole live music experience - but when it comes down to the actual entertainment, the curtain never rises and instead you're shown the door.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Firstly, some people are rule followers, some people are rule breakers. Locks are on door to keep the honest, honest -- the window is wide open.

Some random thoughts in responses to things in this thread:
1)Equating breaking the rules in the game to breaking the law in real life: When you break the law and get caught there is a (relatively) fixed consequence. You accept it, maybe try and get off on a technicality, then move on with your life. A great number of the people banned yesterday are doing just that -- They paid, they had fun, now they are remaking or moving on.

2)Moral highground of those unaffected: Depends on the stance of the person heaping scorn, I suppose.
2.a)If someone bought a fungi instead of working their ass off like so many of us did, pretty merited imo.
2.b)You RMT'd 5k for some starting gear? I know folks who have. I, as a player (not server staff), can't really hold someone in a high degree of contempt for that. I had items valuing well over 5k given to me when I first started... Would I still be playing w/o having been given those? Probably. But is there a difference? I don't know.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing hypocritical about what I'm throwing at you. I'm pointing out that you entered what could be the stupidest financial transaction in the history of economics. I wouldn't dream of doing something so hideously irresponsible, but apparently that's a-ok with you.

Whatever, live your life by the results of your shitty decisions. Not my problem.

What is my problem, however, is that you are such a disgusting human being that you're not content with just owning your stinking dump of a monetary commitment and leaving it at that. Nope - you would rather see everyone else playing this game suffer as well before your failure is complete, and you fucking justify this by stating we're all technically breaking some rule or another so why not shut the whole goddamn thing down?

Fuck you. Take your stupidity, your veiled religious references, your misuse of the word 'hypocrisy' and go fuck yourself with them.

You and all of the other bullshit people that lack the ability to own their mistakes and learn from them without having to cause some kind of justified retribution against others. It's fucking pathetic.
LOL, you are a piece of work. Your entire argument is the epitome of hypocrisy. As an aside, I feel like you are arguing against an invisible person. When did I ever say it wasn't justified that RMT's were banned? When? I didn't, the only thing I said was that the outrage from individuals like yourself is a bit extreme. People are making it seem like RMT buyers were fucking babies or committing genocide. In reality it's just a bunch of old school EQ players without the time to play like they did back in the day looking for some nostalgic fun. We have jobs, families, and other commitments. Most of us are strapped for time not cash.

You've take a comment I made in jest (hence the winky face, I think the kiddies call them emoticons) and made it seem like I'm leading a charge to end Project 1999. Again, I'm just pointing out the- wait for it... HYPOCRISY of it all. Project 1999 is a cool project with an awesome level of detail (they've really done a great job) and I can understand why they did the bans, my problem is people like yourself. You lack a solid argument so you make one up and overuse slurs and profanities to try and provoke a response. I'm sorry though man, you aren't going to get one.

Before I go, back to economics. I wasn't trying to make a profit buddy, so how are you going to call it a stupid transaction? Are you my financial advisor? Holy shit... Phil! Is that you? Do you know what I have available for discretionary spending? Don't project your financial insecurities onto others, it's sad. Maybe the fleeting time I bought was worth it. Honestly, I'd say so. My super twink was sweeeeeeeeeeet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, that is pretty stupid if the number of Beibers onstage or Bears on the field exceeds zero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Levity aside, ok - someone bought plat to increase their personal enjoyment on P99. I accept that.

It's still a remarkably stupid decision, given the risk involved. I would draw an analogy of buying a ticket to a concert where there's a 90% chance you'll get inside the venue and the band won't be there. You still get to drive to the concert, fight for parking, get your stub scanned, buy an overpriced beer, the whole live music experience - but when it comes down to the actual entertainment, the curtain never rises and instead you're shown the door.
Lol'd at that first comment and I would have to agree there.

I get it though, I think it is a dumb way to spend money as well but I was just trying to say that they were just paying for enjoyment like anyone who buys tickets to some entertainment venue. But yeah, the difference is obviously the amount of risk involved, which I why I think it's a poor decision.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Moneysee - I'll admit you're right, I keyed in your post in particular after stopping in and reading these threads over the course of the weekend. Your jest-y post pushed over my cauldron of "what the literal fuck" that's been simmering. You're likely a decent person and don't deserve to be the direct target of my hot ire. So, apologies.

We're still at this impasse though because I'm going to stand by my point that RMT here is a very poor and largely indefensible decision. I realize you weren't trying to turn a profit, hence my lack of using the word 'investment', but it is still a transaction where you don't have any shred of guarantee that you even get to keep the pixels you're buying. Plus, your RMT activities put you at considerable risk of losing all of the time spent on your characters and that time is admittedly very valuable to you.

I don't get it.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Good thing 99% of your opinions aren't worth the pixels you write them on eh? Why any of you give a shit what other people do with their time and resources is beyond me.

Unless you host this server it doesn't matter what you think. The rules are/were clearly outlined and if you don't want to follow them that is kosher, just grow a pair and accept the consequences like a few of you have.

I'd honestly put intentional trains or intentional KSing as more horrific than a fungi RMT, but that's just me. BUT with that said, RMT rules may very well be the single thing keeping SOE from dropping a few lawyer bombs on this shit. Stop being so fucking puerile and just play this clarinet like the gangsters we are most certainly not.
Last edited by Yonkec; 03-24-2014 at 04:43 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneysee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the fleeting time I bought was worth it. Honestly, I'd say so. My super twink was sweeeeeeeeeeet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was. Sorry you got caught, but I'm glad you had fun.
Last edited by Cecily; 03-24-2014 at 04:40 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was. Sorry you got caught, but I'm glad you had fun.
The short bit:
"I'd rather have 64 Sammy Davis Jr. years than 150 Kenneth Starr years" -- Bill Maher

The Longer Bit:
"Please stop assuming that longevity and perfect health is always the correct option. No. Sometimes fun costs ya. It just does, you know? And that's OK, you're willing to make that purchase. Sammy Davis, Jr. was 64 when he died. Give me 64 Sammy-years, I'll be happy." -- Bill Maher

The reason I'm posting this quote:
It maybe worth it to some people to have fun for 6 months and get banned than be around for 2 years and at the same place that person was in 6 months.

Not saying I agree. Just a stance.
Closed Thread