Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tecmos, this is a free server. The least you can do is respect the staff's wishes regarding RMT. Barkingturtle is right: the problem is that too many people treat this game like a second job/life.

Biggest problem is people being critical of different playstyles.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The RMT was selfish, but no more selfish than 98% of P99ers would have been if they were in his shoes. If more than a handful of you could say, honestly, "Well, I'm 110% fed up with p99 and I intend to quit... and instead of making several thousand dollars by RMTing my vast ingame riches, I'm just going to quit/give away stuff/whatever" ... I'd be shocked.
Well that's not true... granted it's probably the majority that would sell it, but I had 3 RL friend's who have quit over the years and all 3 logged on and gave their stuff away in EC and I can think of a ton of instances of random people doing the same. 98% my ass... lets go with 75? ;p
Old 03-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Banned for RMT?

Really?

What a waste of my fucking time farming shit with you.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Not commenting one way or the other although I do find RMT to be problematic.

I think it's interesting that the prenerf fungi staff you bought from Stabbyjoe was stolen from Platlord and then now you, Stabbyjoe, and Platlord and the items are all banned.

I think Stabbyjoe stole that guised ranger account back...not sure if that character was one of Stabby's banned chars now.

Somehow Mythoxxus, the troll bard, is back in the hands of original Mythoxxus after being banned and then sold back to the original owner by Stabbyjoe. Not sure if that character is banned now.

So many under the table transactions and RMT items and characters moving around.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe, I don't remember! Remember that I've specifically said I'm not supporting rmt, I'm just giving shit to the people who are trying to put curses on nord's children's children for what he did (and was punished for) instead of being sane about this and just saying "good riddance" and moving on.

It is hardly even about rmt for some of these dudes. They stretch this into rants about farming pp, playing the market in ec, and making rl attacks because obviously someone who is rich on p99 is just trying to compensate for a small penis irl, etc.

Lmfaoooo fair response
Old 03-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe, I don't remember! Remember that I've specifically said I'm not supporting rmt, I'm just giving shit to the people who are trying to put curses on nord's children's children for what he did (and was punished for) instead of being sane about this and just saying "good riddance" and moving on.

It is hardly even about rmt for some of these dudes. They stretch this into rants about farming pp, playing the market in ec, and making rl attacks because obviously someone who is rich on p99 is just trying to compensate for a small penis irl, etc.
^ He's right. The anti-wealth hysteria is pretty nonsensical. There is nothing wrong with playing the market, imo. You think it raises the prices for other players? Maybe it does, but shit's classic. Find out who the flippers are and don't buy from them.

But you say you don't condone RMT. Why are you so tolerant of people who do (Nord)? I feel like you're torn between defending someone you can empathize with, and your inherent good nature. Of course RL attacks are unwarranted and immature, but this is forum-quest, and it's not RNF, so mine were light.

Nord won't admit what he did was wrong, or harmful. He equivocates. That reflects on his integrity and it's problematic because it persists as long as he continues to post here. People should not perceive RMT as a legitimate out.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

For the record, I personally have no qualms with the wealthy. My new shadowknight has probably 200k of crap on him. I'm ballin' and ain't even mad. I'm very calm, because I'm not twisting my logic into pretzels in order to mitigate the bad deeds of my pals.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

If the A-Team does it, its ok.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

To be clear: I don't advocate for future RMT. The staff has made it CLEAR that you will be banned for doing it and this will help to curb the market significantly. The only thing that kept RMT going was the fact that it was "against the rules" but there was effectively no punishment going around for RMT. This kept the prices high which made it attractive to sellers, and the fact that noone was getting banned bolstered the illegitimate economy even further. Public actions like this will deter many people from buying plat.

My past guildmates are defending me personally rather than my actions. I've got a pretty stellar track record other than this, even GMs agree. I NEVER took "advantage" of them, and as Tecmos says I probably did a lot of the work to get and hold these camps.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

You know what, I'm just going to say good riddance.