Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Skeleton

The more and more I think about all these selfish self absorbed people it make me angry. The people that have provided all of us once again with the ability to enjoy Everquest in all it's classic glory do it free of charge.

You would think we are all older now and more mature. The game experience should be even better now this time through. We are a community of like minded gamers wishing for the days of group oriented MMOs and teamwork. Why treat your fellow gamers like this? It's a freaking game. Help each other get items. Why gather more than you need just to have more than everyone else? You have all your character needs, help a fellow player to get theirs. A player having trouble finding a good way to level, guide them.

All this power leveling, RMT, monopolizing camps, a massing great virtual wealth is just selfish. Think of the other players you are stomping on. It is really probably A waste to say since human nature seems to be selfish greedy worms that live for the moment desperately yelling mine! Mine! While being destructive to the world and everyone around them.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

I laughed at the following quotes for various reasons:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...you're playing on Red now, right? That's a pretty strong indicator that your life is not going well and that you're an idiotic idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You came over, splashed around in the pool and had a good time. Then when you were ready to leave, you pooped in the pool and made all manner of excuses for your loose anus. In this analogy, your anus symbolizes your moral compass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he would probably get assaulted when one of these guys sees him irl and has a man child fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw did that quido dudw
I don't have much to contribute to this thread since I'm having a hard time getting fired up about it like some of you are. I will say that the only reason we should be holding any ill will towards Nordenwatch and the rest of the RMT ilk is because he gets to cash out, but the server staff are not able to cash out despite also sinking a similar amount of time and effort into this server. I see people flaming Nordenwatch for all kinds of stupid shit like how he played the game (e.g. spending lots of time in EC), but the real reason to be mad is how unfair the RMT cashout is to the staff.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I'm still not convinced that rmt is the terrible server killing monster that most of you guys are making it out to be, he is just providing a service of convenience to a bunch of willing participants. Everyone involved knew the risks.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone involved knew the risks.
There is at least one post in this thread trying to make Nordenwatch feel guilty for a buyer's account being banned as a result of Nordenwatch taking their money for pixels. I don't get it. The buyer is just as bad as the seller here. They both know they are violating server rules.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is at least one post in this thread trying to make Nordenwatch feel guilty for a buyer's account being banned as a result of Nordenwatch taking their money for pixels. I don't get it. The buyer is just as bad as the seller here. They both know they are violating server rules.
bingo
Old 03-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm still not convinced that rmt is the terrible server killing monster
I'm not saying it's the most likely scenario, but there is a real possibility that SOE could say "people are making money off our IP, and we're not; time to bring in the lawyers". And Rogean himself has basically said as much, so I do think there's a real (though not necessarily *high*) chance that if they stopped combatting RMT the server really could experience death by lawyer.

Quote:
he is just providing a service of convenience to a bunch of willing participants. Everyone involved knew the risks.
You're missing the fact that we all share the same (virtual) world. When one person does something in the economy, it doesn't just affect them, it affects the person they trade with, other people who would have bought the item (but couldn't because they didn't have RMT plat), people who wouldn't have camped the item but now will because it costs so much, etc.

And it's not like we're talking about just one transaction here: there were over 400 accounts banned, each of which probably bought several things with their RMT plat. In aggregate it absolutely does affect many more people than just the RMT buyer and seller.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Tiggles what the hell are you talking about? So your contention is that I sold plat to other members of A-Team while in the guild so they could afford your VP rots?

You make a bold claim like this yet when someone accuses TMO of RMTing you go haywire and demand paypal logs... I never sold to any member of the A-Team, BDA and IB represented the vast majority of my clientele.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Loraen: go fuck yourself, you're the biggest pussy I've ever met on the internet.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tiggles what the hell are you talking about? So your contention is that I sold plat to other members of A-Team while in the guild so they could afford your VP rots?

You make a bold claim like this yet when someone accuses TMO of RMTing you go haywire and demand paypal logs... I never sold to any member of the A-Team, BDA and IB represented the vast majority of my clientele.
Post your complete uneditted paypal logs then, nothing is stopping you we can put this to rest once and for all if you out every single buyer from you. A-Team TMO IB BDA who ever.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Tiggles, you fucking life-failure of a webcam slave - don't you dare fucking drag names through the mud because they shared a guildtag with this miserable piece of RMTing shit.

You fucking lowlife, hypocritical, complete waste of oxygen. Get the fuck out.