Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna cry now??
Tell me about your mother.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody, at least not me, is saying the vaccine doesn't work. "95% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated" is a really misleading stat though. How many actual people is that, and what is their risk of not surviving their hospitalization? It's extremely, extremely low. Your russian roulette analogy can be applied to literally anything. Life has risks man.

Again, what is your end game? To live in a world with zero covid? That isn't happening. At what point will you, personally, feel comfortable going back to normal?

If the vaccine works, you shouldn't feel threatened by the unvaccinated. If the vaccine doesn't work, you're justified in avoiding other people but you also can't be so rigidly militant about them getting a vaccine that doesn't work.

Dying of covid is bad. Having to permanently close your small business that you spent decades building is also bad. All of life is cost\benefit assessments, and the covid nazis are completely wrong on the issue. They had a point at the very beginning when we didn't know anything about the virus. Now we know a lot about it, and thank god it's not very dangerous. Move on.

If you're a member of a vulnerable group, then yes I think you should get vaccinated. If you're not, I think it's perfectly reasonable to wait a couple years before getting it.

EDIT: And btw I'm basing these opinions on data *from the CDC*, which we are expected to treat as an authoritative organization.
Agreed
Old 08-24-2021, 03:31 PM
Banned

drugs
Old 08-24-2021, 03:46 PM
Banned

teens
Old 08-24-2021, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They did fly a plane into the pentagon

Oh and thousands of lives lost *cough*

Shooting the president JFK in the head and killing him could be seen as an attack on democracy as well, but maybe I’m just nuts
Oh yea, I forgot about the pentagon plane, fair enough. In my memory it has been over shadowed by the twin towers attacks, which feels more of an attack on america / capitalism generally than democracy specifically.

No denying the Presidential assassinations were attacks on democracy here tho. I was only asking for 9/11 which you clarified.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yea, I forgot about the pentagon plane, fair enough. In my memory it has been over shadowed by the twin towers attacks, which feels more of an attack on america / capitalism generally than democracy specifically.

No denying the Presidential assassinations were attacks on democracy here tho. I was only asking for 9/11 which you clarified.
Ya I actually thought all it did was knock down a wall but no, it killed quite a lot of people too

“ As millions watched the events unfolding in New York, American Airlines Flight 77 circled over downtown Washington, D.C., before crashing into the west side of the Pentagon military headquarters at 9:45 a.m.

Jet fuel from the Boeing 757 caused a devastating inferno that led to the structural collapse of a portion of the giant concrete building, which is the headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defense.

All told, 125 military personnel and civilians were killed in the Pentagon, along with all 64 people aboard the airliner”

I think the plane where the brave civilians sacrificed their lives to stop (flight 93) and went down in a field was speculated to be headed towards the Washington DC capital as well
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-24-2021 at 05:36 PM..
Old 08-24-2021, 05:46 PM
Banned

Yeah flight 93 was definitely headed toward DC. Also, if you watch recreations of the flight on youtube, according to the data recovered from the black box the plane was literally upside down at one point, as the passengers were wrestling for control with the hijackers in the cockpit.

That is just such an insanely mind boggling scenario to think about. I feel like we've just become numb to 9\11, we're so fat and happy and comfortable and none of us can even remotely imagine experiencing such a horror first hand.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah flight 93 was definitely headed toward DC. Also, if you watch recreations of the flight on youtube, according to the data recovered from the black box the plane was literally upside down at one point, as the passengers were wrestling for control with the hijackers in the cockpit.

That is just such an insanely mind boggling scenario to think about. I feel like we've just become numb to 9\11, we're so fat and happy and comfortable and none of us can even remotely imagine experiencing such a horror first hand.
I absolutely love hero stories although I never did watch the flight 93 movie at the time because at the time I felt like it would be too depressing. I will at some point tho

With no dependents my hope is that one day (hopefully when I’m much older at the twilight of my life) that I can lay it down in a heroic way. But no one can truly know if they have the courage to do that until they are put in that situation
Old 08-24-2021, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I absolutely love hero stories although I never did watch the flight 93 movie at the time because at the time I felt like it would be too depressing. I will at some point tho

With no dependents my hope is that one day (hopefully when I’m much older at the twilight of my life) that I can lay it down in a heroic way. But no one can truly know if they have the courage to do that until they are put in that situation
One of the most heartbreaking things I've ever experienced is listening to the tapes of passengers on those planes calling their wives and girlfriends and parents after the planes had been hijacked. It's worth hearing though.
Old 08-24-2021, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You know, I can see why you say that. I don't disagree. But I also think if it happened again today, Flight 93 would have ended the same way. Maybe that's naive.
Closed Thread