Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 09-08-2022, 07:24 PM
Kobold

Nerfs are classic but:

Item Recharge Nerfs
Reclaim pet nerfs ( never existed in classic that reclaim would do anything but give you 100% of the pet mana back regardless of pet health )
Selective clicky nerfs
Translocate nerfs
AE nerfs (20 mob max )
Drop rate nerfs ( in some places )
Taunt nerf (as I think it's never worked as it should)
Epic usage related nerfs
Sell back nerfs (cost to buy versus resell on some items)
DS duration (I know this is disputed but I'm an oldie who recalls 15 min duration even if my brain might be broken)
Snakes still kick
I know I left of class specific nerfs out....

It doesn't matter what intent the original devs had back in the day, if we're gonna have a classic server it'd be awesome if we could leave most of the classic "features" in play.

All that said, I love the P99 server and don't really care what they change I continue to plan to continue to enjoy. I don't know why some of the changes were made but I trust they (the people who make the current rules) know why.

Would be interesting to have a P99 server with more of the definite un-classic nerfs left untouched. But whatever, I have had countless hours of fun on this gift of a server from the ruling class for years.

Don't even get me started on the topic of classic "bugs" that never even existed on P99, like double damage mage bolts when on a hill.

Thank you,
Old 09-09-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nerfs are classic but:

Item Recharge Nerfs
Reclaim pet nerfs ( never existed in classic that reclaim would do anything but give you 100% of the pet mana back regardless of pet health )
Selective clicky nerfs
Translocate nerfs
AE nerfs (20 mob max )
Drop rate nerfs ( in some places )
Taunt nerf (as I think it's never worked as it should)
Epic usage related nerfs
Sell back nerfs (cost to buy versus resell on some items)
DS duration (I know this is disputed but I'm an oldie who recalls 15 min duration even if my brain might be broken)
Snakes still kick
I know I left of class specific nerfs out....

It doesn't matter what intent the original devs had back in the day, if we're gonna have a classic server it'd be awesome if we could leave most of the classic "features" in play.

All that said, I love the P99 server and don't really care what they change I continue to plan to continue to enjoy. I don't know why some of the changes were made but I trust they (the people who make the current rules) know why.

Would be interesting to have a P99 server with more of the definite un-classic nerfs left untouched. But whatever, I have had countless hours of fun on this gift of a server from the ruling class for years.

Don't even get me started on the topic of classic "bugs" that never even existed on P99, like double damage mage bolts when on a hill.

Thank you,
Don't think taunt was nerfed...thought it's always been broken as it was back in the day?

You are wrong on damage shields. This is easily proven.

There's only one or two drop rate nerfs I'm aware of that aren't supported by classic evidence. What others are you referring to that aren't supported by evidence?

What's the translocate nerf?

AE nerfs are fine. Cheesing the game and disrupting zones by pulling every mob is dumb.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

See you guys in a week and 100+ pages later after DSM reponds 500x on how smaller guilds can compete with big guilds if only they had bladestoppers, prayers, and midnight mallets.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See you guys in a week and 100+ pages later after DSM reponds 500x on how smaller guilds can compete with big guilds if only they had bladestoppers, prayers, and midnight mallets.
Lol
Old 09-09-2022, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

I just want my puppet strings an prayers an bladestopper agro clicks back! I could use my katana and shield every dragon then! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want my puppet strings an prayers an bladestopper agro clicks back! I could use my katana and shield every dragon then! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would just get drunk and accidentally sell them
Old 09-09-2022, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would just get drunk and accidentally sell them
Omg never! First thing I would do is go solo king tranix, charm a fire giant and win eq
Old 09-09-2022, 09:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think taunt was nerfed...thought it's always been broken as it was back in the day?

You are wrong on damage shields. This is easily proven.

There's only one or two drop rate nerfs I'm aware of that aren't supported by classic evidence. What others are you referring to that aren't supported by evidence?

What's the translocate nerf?

AE nerfs are fine. Cheesing the game and disrupting zones by pulling every mob is dumb.
Taunt, okay. But it's still not working as intended and that's consistent with a lot of the changes being defended. We'll change it because it's not working as intended versus working as in classic.

Damage shields, I don't disagree and I caveat my opinion pretty well. But there's also no lack of simple internet searches that show it at 15 minutes like my bad memory says. But I admit also there are resources showing it at the current timing.

Drop rates, fair enough, might just be feel, but I have spend a significant amount of time in Sebelis at Crypt / King and the named spawn and drop rates seem off. Just an anecdotal opinion (like my DS opinion).

Translocate, I recall being able to self TL but again could be mistaken.

AE nerfs, just like me, you're entitled to your opinion but in an PvE environment yours is as worthless as mine. Meaning why the hell do you care what I do. Also, the way you frame it was never the way it went. Mass AE groups were halted by any people/group that was hunting in an AE zone, we were never able to do our thing when anyone was in path.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Reducing the number of clickies clogging up bags because they are "required" for raiding is a huge win.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reducing the number of clickies clogging up bags because they are "required" for raiding is a huge win.
*looks in bags*

Nope is still have like 5 bags of bs