Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-19-2024, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Literally at 60 any regen race gets 3x more hps a tick. Canni IV takes 2.5 seconds to cast and converts 55% of that back to mana. It’s a class full of expensive single target buffs, debuffs, and dots. Even the pet is horribly expensive to summon.

Here is something quantified.

100hrs of being 60 at 95% health (refreshing buffs or otherwise actively doing stuff)
6,000 minutes
60,000 server ticks
480,000 hps
Or…
264,000 extra mana without sitting once

But this is a ridiculous premise because nobody here would ever play a level 60 for 100 hours. Right?
Old 01-19-2024, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally at 60 any regen race gets 3x more hps a tick. Canni IV takes 2.5 seconds to cast and converts 55% of that back to mana. It’s a class full of expensive single target buffs, debuffs, and dots. Even the pet is horribly expensive to summon.

Here is something quantified.

100hrs of being 60 at 95% health (refreshing buffs or otherwise actively doing stuff)
6,000 minutes
60,000 server ticks
480,000 hps
Or…
264,000 extra mana without sitting once

But this is a ridiculous premise because nobody here would ever play a level 60 for 100 hours. Right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq39ybDWx-k - Example of raid buffing. A Troll/Iksar saves 1k HP, or 30 seconds of recovery, before getting back to 100% HP/Mana. You are not regenerating at 100% HP/Mana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjZxMlJSCDc - Example of Torporing. It takes 3 minutes or less to get from low HP/Mana to 100% HP/Mana. You are not regenerating at 100% HP/Mana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgFcImQ9XU - Example of a long fight where you are never at 100% HP. A Troll/Iksar gains around 1k HP as well, since it takes 12 minutes to get the WW Dragon running. This is saving 30 seconds of recovery, before getting back to 100% HP/Mana. You are not regenerating at 100% HP/Mana.

This is the disconnect. You do not seem to understand that a Torpor Shaman no longer relies on passive regeneration for recovery. Active regeneration (Torpor) is what you are using for recovery.

Running around at 80% HP in extremely dangerous zones like West Wastes to try and utilize racial Regeneration is just asking to get killed.

Your raid is not going to appreciate that you are at 80% HP and not at full mana when they need you to spot heal a tough fight.

This is all very simple stuff if you have played a Torpor Shaman before. You are basically assuming a Torpor Shaman is playing like a non-Torpor Shaman, which doesn't make sense.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-19-2024 at 07:57 PM..
Old 01-19-2024, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

A. Free mana is free mana
B. I never said 80%. Thanks for the Strawman
C. Most raids would also dislike you trying out FSI instead of slowing stuff properly
D. I’ve had a torp shaman for years.

Fun to watch you disagree with a calculator. Mark of a truly rational mind.
Old 01-19-2024, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A. Free mana is free mana
B. I never said 80%. Thanks for the Strawman
C. Most raids would also dislike you trying out FSI instead of slowing stuff properly
D. I’ve had a torp shaman for years.

Fun to watch you disagree with a calculator. Mark of a truly rational mind.
A. FSI also provides free mana. Not having your slow interrupted saves hundreds of HP from an unslowed mob hitting you in the face. Added bonus, you are less likely to die from not having said slow interrupted.
B. I didn't say you said 80%, it is just an example. Please stop making up nonsense when you cannot win the debate. If you are at 95% HP when running through a long zone, an Ogre will also be at 100% HP by the time you reach your destination. If you want to make use of Regen during downtime like running, you'd need a decent chunk of your HP to be missing. Remember Shamans can cast Regrowth on themselves.
C. Using https://wiki.project1999.com/Di%60zok_Oracle_Shillelagh to slow mobs is a proper raid technique that has been around for years.
D. Sounds like you still have a lot to learn!
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-19-2024 at 08:03 PM..
Old 01-19-2024, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

the size of your ego is only surpassed by the size of your victim complex
Old 01-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the size of your ego is only surpassed by the size of your victim complex
You have no basis to suggest I have a big ego, or a victim complex.

Unlike yourself and other posters, I am not the one saying "I am right, you are wrong, and I don't have to prove it". I provide evidence to support my position, because I do not think my word alone is enough.

You can look at this thread and others like it. You'll see I am disproportionately attacked by the same people every time. I don't have a victim complex. I just state the fact that trolls and bullies are attacking me with baseless claims. There is no way you can deny this by looking back at the post history. Being unsubtle has it's consequences. The funny thing is they still lose, even in a 10 v 1.
Old 01-19-2024, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

you have never engaged in collaborative discussions or attempts to come up with innovations. you are a WW dragon farmer with strong opinions that you defend, to the death, treating every thread as an opportunity to 'win' by exhausting the other party. you never make or take a joke, you never come up with something new, your opinions never change or develop. you are a deeply uninteresting person to interact with, and it really sucks we have to share this forum with you.
Old 01-19-2024, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you have never engaged in collaborative discussions or attempts to come up with innovations. you are a WW dragon farmer with strong opinions that you defend, to the death, treating every thread as an opportunity to 'win' by exhausting the other party. you never make or take a joke, you never come up with something new, your opinions never change or develop. you are a deeply uninteresting person to interact with, and it really sucks we have to share this forum with you.
Again, you have no evidence to back up these claims, yet you assert it is true. The one with the ego is yourself.

I see that you are completely ignoring troll posts like this: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=182

Why do you only target me, while ignoring all the bad behavior in this thread? It is clear you are targeting me specifically, and you aren't being subtle about it.

If you really cared about the health of this forum, you would be reprimanding the obvious trolls here. You are the one ruining these forums by enabling trolls via ignoring their bad behavior.

Please fix yourself and stand up to trolls before you provide silly hot take advice like this.
Old 01-19-2024, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have no basis to suggest I have a big ego, or a victim complex.
100% unwillingness to admit to being wrong I believe falls into the big ego category. I need not provide evidence, there is plenty in this thread alone and besides, you wouldn't believe it anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2024, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% unwillingness to admit to being wrong I believe falls into the big ego category. I need not provide evidence, there is plenty in this thread alone and besides, you wouldn't believe it anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except I have admitted I am wrong plenty of times on these forums. Perpetuating lies about other posters is not good behavior.

You are making baseless claims and refusing to admit you are wrong about them in this very post.

It is strange that you seem to think I must admit I am wrong in every thread, otherwise you believe I never admit I am wrong. It makes no sense. If I am not wrong, why would I admit to that?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-19-2024 at 09:29 PM..