Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Default Velious Beta Empy?

Kind of surprised to see the Velious beta server have 9 people online while 1200 are on the live Kunark server. For a long time now people have been crying for Velious yet nobody wants to put in the effort to help test so to push the server live as soon as possible... I mean yeah you don't get to keep your progress but at least you get an experience and you will learn the zones further. At this rate it looks like it may take long time to release? Unsure of the progress that is being made. A couple things come to mind when I was on there testing...

With so little people testing it's hard to get to the meat of some zones to test it... Is there a way we can get "buffed" in order to get to the meat?

Maybe a nice incentive for people to come test is to have those gnomes in NRO sell class epic weapons to buy? The chance to wield an epic for some classes/players may interest them in checking out Velious for some "testing"?

I'd assume the quicker we bang out the bugs the faster we'll get a live server?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

I think the faction grind is what most people are not a huge fan of
Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Perhaps give players some faction then to speed things up? I agree with that.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Velious is hugely raid / high end content focused. None of the raid mobs are activated in velious (with some entire zones locked), some of the larger quests are broken and due to be fixed, and there's quite a few quests that can't be tested without weeks of faction work. It may even be more than weeks because the items to raise faction were dropping at an entirely too low rate last time I was in Kael.

edit: all this said, I've spent a fair bit of time on beta, and will continue to, but it's a pretty solid fact pattern for making testing discouraging for folks.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

What if you could buy a "faction potion" from the gnome? Gives you a buff where each faction hit is x100 for the time of the buff. Could make faction switching easier for quest testing w/o actually affecting the +/- faction of the mob.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the faction grind is what most people are not a huge fan of
Mostly this. I've spent a few hours messing around in most of the zones, but the real "meat" of Velious is A) Raid content which isn't implemented yet, and B) Stuff that requires faction, and the grind is too long when I have tons of other stuff I need to grind on the blue server.

At this point I'm not really sure what even needs testing outside of raid stuff and some odd quests (which require faction).

Maybe the GMs could help the players focus. For a week give everyone permanent skyshrine faction and tell people to test all those quests, maybe one week could be focused on tuning Siren's Grotto, etc.
Last edited by Byrjun; 03-19-2014 at 11:12 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

I know I said I was going to play on beta until it went live, but I turned red and I'll just get myself killed on BOTH servers if I try to box them... lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Banned

Kind of funny but it really shut everyone up once they got the opportunity to help. Lol
Old 03-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of surprised to see the Velious beta server have 9 people online while 1200 are on the live Kunark server. For a long time now people have been crying for Velious yet nobody wants to put in the effort to help test so to push the server live as soon as possible...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

+1 for this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of funny but it really shut everyone up once they got the opportunity to help. Lol
Quite so. No complaining about "when are we getting it?" "why is it taking so long?"....if you want to help, the beta server is there waiting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Seeking access to level 60 cleric, enchanter, bard and paladin all on different accounts. So I can 5 box test out some content. PMs appreciated.

But really, I've done some arena groups armor drops and gem drops seem legit. Although 0 BPs have dropped in my testing *sadface*.

Beta is nice when you're camping a long drop on live. But there is only so much you can test solo. And if I die testing something solo even though I can port and Rez myself it's still a 15min med break and rebuff situation. Adding an NPC to hail for full mana/HP would be cool in Thurgadin for quick recovery maybe?
Closed Thread