Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll want to recharge out of Keto every few weeks for 3 or 4 days to recharge glycogen stores.
I find one day of moderate carb intake does the trick.

It's hard not to fall into doing that consecutively however.

I was getting by with lots of carbs averaging 800 calories a day, but this is a bad way to live in general.

I think we can produce and restore glycogen without carb loading, it's just not as quick or efficient.

I guess the appropriate balance of carbohydrates has a lot to do with activity and timing.

It's never good to spike insulin with a lot of calories in one sitting as the body has only one option for dealing with that, produce more insulin and store excess as fat. Sugar is absolutely the worst for this.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why would i want to do that though? you mean in muscles? liver glycogen exhaustion is pre-req for keto.
Ya, you're muscles will not be at peak performance if you never give your liver a period to catch up.

I don't know what the threshold may be, but I can athletically perform way better if I am mindful with the carbs. Which means a better workout. With more calories burned and better muscle healing.

I find like 1 serving of quality granola is sufficient for a pretty intense workout.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tell me more.

all i eat is carbs and im a beast. will i be superhu-mon if i eat aminals only?

also, when i abstain from meat for 7 days or more i start to smell like flowers. what do you smell like?
butter. but actuallly most often code. you can keto as a vegan too. i call it veto. basically eat tofu, nuts, avocados and veggies. between olive and sesame oils, it wouldn't be much worse on the than an ordinary vegan diet. insulin is inflammatory and glucose feeds cancer.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
butter. but actuallly most often code. you can keto as a vegan too. i call it veto. basically eat tofu, nuts, avocados and veggies. between olive and sesame oils, it wouldn't be much worse on the than an ordinary vegan diet. insulin is inflammatory and glucose feeds cancer.
Agreed.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Banned

I like smelling good. That is a bigger selling point than environmentalism for me.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:23 PM
Banned

It's going to take a bit of accclimation. You're going to feel voraciously hungry at first. I suggest liver for satiety and the high iron.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quote:
Where does the idea that cancer is “addicted” to sugar come from?
About 90 years ago, a German scientist named Otto Warburg noticed that tumor cells in a dish tended to consume more glucose than non-dividing normal tissues. He also noticed that although the cancer cells were consuming massive amounts of glucose, they weren’t taking advantage of the most efficient method of harvesting energy from that glucose, which is to essentially burn it using oxygen in the mitochondria. Instead, they converted the glucose to lactate, leaving much of the energy untapped. This has come to be known as the Warburg effect or Warburg metabolism.

Warburg assumed that cancer cells must have a defect in their mitochondria, because why else would they resort to this inefficient method of obtaining energy? But we now know that Warburg was wrong. Tumor cells possess functional mitochondria and rely on them for energy in some situations.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whoa.

you know, altho im a beast, i have a number of conditions downstream of chronic inflammation. maybe its time to try a low insulin fad.
Well the first thing they usually tell you is to eat more omega-3s. Too many omega-6 fats compared to intake of omega-3 fats can cause inflammation. Also, fish/nut fat called "polyunsaturated" is associated with low levels of inflammation.

This isn't a mainstream idea: but some associated those with coastal ancestors with those that feel better eating mostly omega-3s from fish and vegetables rather than omega-6s from dairy and other kinds of meat (especially non-grass fed).

What we do know is that some people feel better with a 1:1 omega-6 to omega-3 ratio, others feel best with a 2:1 or 4:1 even. I think I'm a 2:1 type myself. Which is nice because its pretty hard to do 1:1 unless you eat lots of vegetable fat and oils but very little meat that isn't fish.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks for fact-checking, Mead. I kinda glided over the cancer statement. Did not intend to endorse it.
np pal

oncology is my specialty

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread