Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

So pull for your groups.

Use eyeballs for pulls, CC with root, lock out casters. All of these means more DPS up-time for the real dps...your monk/rog/wars.

You're not very good at dps, infact, if you're casting nukes in a regular xp group 'regularly' you're doing your job wrong.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ice Comet though
Bad. The first draught spell (51) completely replaces it as it is superior in nearly every way.

Wizards are bad, OP. I have a lvl 52 wizard and I haven't grouped once since exp since low 30's (not because I don't want to, but because the effort of begging for a spot in a group is a lot more daunting than just going out for another quad). I knew what I was getting into, but the prospect of getting 60 is still very daunting to me. If you're having doubts now please just reroll for your own sake.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard is also a great class if you own a power rack in the basement, but you play on the second floor, and you do a set between downtime's. Make sure to push, pull and legs either every day or split up the days.

Playing the wizard is the easy part.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad. The first draught spell (51) completely replaces it as it is superior in nearly every way
Who ever picked up a hot chick by telling her you nuke for 688?
Old 09-24-2018, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad. The first draught spell (51) completely replaces it as it is superior in nearly every way.
Not completely, as that draught is Fire based. Ice Comet isn't entirely outclassed until Level 57 with Draught of Ice. For PvE anyway. On a PvP server (which is what everyone should be playing, God help you all still playing boring PvE), having Ice Comet is very much worth it as an opener to get a kill, or when you are able to reliably secure a single big spell via an ally mesmerizing an opponent (or perhaps an ally dropping someone's Magic Resist enough for a Root to reliably stick for a 6 second cast).
Old 09-24-2018, 03:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a PvP server
If I wanted to play a singleplayer game I'd play a roguelike or something
Old 09-24-2018, 06:41 AM
Sarnak

Wizards can also put up pretty respectable DPS vs. certain high end raid targets with the 2000 damage unresistable nuke. On Aegis' first Vindi kill, a wizard came in top on DPS by a wide margin. They're also the best for PBAOE damage, if you're putting something together that requires blowing up a ton of stuff all at once.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

I think wizards are undervalued in groups. Especially if fights go messy, nothing better than having a wizard who can burn through his mana to quickly take out 1 or 2 mobs.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Make some plat by porting, then do a new thing
Old 09-24-2018, 11:02 AM
Kobold

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who ever picked up a hot chick by telling her you nuke for 688?
Usually better results if you show a glimpse of your Crooked Staff of Thrusting.