Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Just ask, if they leave the sword they most probably don't want it and would probably be happy to leave them to lowbies.... But ask, not asking is against the rules, and this game is about socializing anyway...
Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

If you didn’t kill it you should not loot it unless you have the permission of the person who did the killing. Most would not care but if someone did you could be punished for it. Even if the item was about to rot.

Just shoot them a tell and ask them.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Loramin would suspend someone over a 4 platinum fine steel weapon? What a loser.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

Just ask. Honestly, if a player asked me if they could loot fine steel, I'd be kinda touched they asked and saved me the trouble of feeling mildly irritated by their silent ninja presence.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:51 AM
Sarnak

is the item tradable? if so, loot up without a word. the game already has a mechanic where if someone kills a mob, they have exclusive loot rights for a period of time. then that period wanes, and looting is ffa...
Old 06-11-2019, 06:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is the item tradable? if so, loot up without a word. the game already has a mechanic where if someone kills a mob, they have exclusive loot rights for a period of time. then that period wanes, and looting is ffa...
This. From kill time, to 5 min, only the group/player can loot. That is their window. After that, it is indeed FFA. Like it was told to me, if you wanted it that bad, you had 3 minutes to take it. If the original developers wanted it any other way, they would pema lock the corpse as they do in WoW. In WoW if it is not your kill, you can't loot. (At least it used to be that way, years ago.)

The only time I hear whiners go off about "ninja" looting, is when quadders are so busy running around to stay live, they don't have the chance to loot their kills within that 3 minute window. Sux to be them.....

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 06-11-2019, 07:44 AM
Server GM

Don't loot things that don't belong to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:06 AM
Banned

Just ask. We're talking about vendor trash. 90%+ of the time you'll get a quick "sure, go ahead" and then you're good to go.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

If I was a GM I'd probably give the guy who petitioned a fine steel sword that was "ninja looted" a little vacation from sim elf.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Its 0 tolerance ninja looting for a reason. There's no set line to what is significant. 4p? 10p? 100p? 1000p? If a piddly little newbie killed some mob with a FS weap, but then had to zone. That may even be the first time they've made a few plat off a single mob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't loot things that don't belong to you
Closed Thread