Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its 0 tolerance ninja looting for a reason. There's no set line to what is significant. 4p? 10p? 100p? 1000p? If a piddly little newbie killed some mob with a FS weap, but then had to zone. That may even be the first time they've made a few plat off a single mob.
Ahem:
'generally regarded as significant or valuable '

Generally
Adverb
"in most cases; usually."
Old 06-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Again, at what value is the drop significant, even in most cases?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, at what value is the drop significant, even in most cases?
Are you really this daft? On blue FS is not "generally regarded as significant or valuable". On green would be a different story, though. Really not complicated. I just gave you the freaking definitions of generally.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive caught a suspension for just joking about this in game. Best bet is to not even look at whats on the corpse and just keep it moving
Sage advice.

*nods judiciously*
Old 06-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Again, be specific with the amount. Otherwise, the only other policy is a 0 tolerance. What you may consider significant is not what someone else does. is your opinion is the only one that matters? FS weapons may be significant for someone that is not you. An opal may be significant for someone. Or a diamond. Maybe you consider kunark armor (~500p) significant, but I dont so I ninja it and "lul its not significant you poor peasant".

"Generally" is a shit term when you're talking about rules and punishment
Old 06-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is the item tradable? if so, loot up without a word. the game already has a mechanic where if someone kills a mob, they have exclusive loot rights for a period of time. then that period wanes, and looting is ffa...
Old 06-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Again, be specific with the amount. Otherwise, the only other policy is a 0 tolerance. What you may consider significant is not what someone else does. is your opinion is the only one that matters? FS weapons may be significant for someone that is not you. An opal may be significant for someone. Or a diamond. Maybe you consider kunark armor (~500p) significant, but I dont so I ninja it and "lul its not significant you poor peasant".

"Generally" is a shit term when you're talking about rules and punishment
Use your head. If it were zero tolerance they never would have added the qualifiers of "significant" or "valuable".
Old 06-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

It's strange to me this even still a debate. It wasn't tolerated on live, a P99 GM said in this thread not to do it, the rules say not to do it.

There is a debate about what constitutes significant enough... usually if you have to start really trying to nitpick details you are probably not inline with the intent. Fine Steel isn't what most people would consider a big deal but if you are doing something like that for a while it starts to add up.

Also there has been on many servers the discussion about should things be considered FFA once the lockout expires? People who want it to be FFA determine the intent by the developers was to have that small window be their limit of ownership. This was never handled with that intent on live. It's way more likely that the lockout time could be used to clearly define who owned the kill and the open loot time serves the function that the looter may not have been a part of the highest damage person/group, or was just an outside player to who they could grant consent to loot. The lockout timer probably helped avoid a lot of potential CSR issues with nefarious looters waiting to ninja loot.

Anyway, once again, it is super easy to send a tell to benefit from someone else's work. In almost all cases the person who killed the mob would probably be fine with it if they were going to let it rot.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's strange to me this even still a debate. It wasn't tolerated on live, a P99 GM said in this thread not to do it, the rules say not to do it.

There is a debate about what constitutes significant enough...
There isn't really a "debate", just a few people who want to be able to ninja loot and not get in trouble for doing it, making noise.

While they may talk big in the forums, and maybe they'll even act big in-game sometimes (based on the assumption that no player would petition them over something they consider insignificant) .... if they actually do ninja loot the wrong lowbie's stuff and get petitioned, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they'll face a suspension.

The "significant" bit is there, like much of the stuff in the rules, to give the staff leeway. If some new player doesn't know any better and loots someone else's item, the staff has discretion: they don't have to suspend that person if they consider the looted item "insignificant". But like all the rules the emphasis is on the staff member's definition of the word's meaning, not the player's.

As I said on page 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to get all lawyerly you can try arguing that the FS (or whatever) you took wasn't "significant", but do you really want to bet a suspension on winning that argument with a GM?
Especially given:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't loot things that don't belong to you

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use your head. If it were zero tolerance they never would have added the qualifiers of "significant" or "valuable".
Those terms literally mean nothing in the context of value of loot since significant or valuable changes person to person. Use your head. If you can't define what the "general consensus of significant value' is, then the qualifier is meaningless.

Anyways, GM already spoke just to say don't loot things that dont belong to you.

Its simple.

If you didn't kill it, don't loot it.
If you didn't get permission, don't loot it.

If you killed it, have permission from the killer, or have permission from your raid force, go loot it.
Closed Thread