Planar Protector

Enchanter is always a default pick when building the stable. Silly not to
Old 06-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

yeah but will Vorshar the Despised be on green hnhhhnnnggggg
Old 06-12-2019, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember Combine server in 2006, the first TLP. Magician pets were the thing then, so you'd see more mages than anything. But that was really the only thing that was overpowered for the era

Good times.
The meta of gaming being so commonplace for 20+ years. There are things people do in P99 that I never seen in classic. My main was an enchanter and no one ever referred to them as OP or the class being OP. People do things with them, use them, little tricks that were just not commonplace knowledge back in the day.

For instance, I never used Charm. having such weak gear I died on just about any break (forget hasting something). Yeah, I sucked horribly. In hindsight I was a terrible enchanter.. I can recall maybe once or twice someone in group asked if I would charm a pet. I did not level him by charming things. Didn't get Jboots until 50, couldn't afford gems for Rune spells as my money was put into gear and spells. The idea of farming for plat like people do now was simply inconceivable to me back then. EQ was already a huge time sink (that I loved) grouping and xping. I played EQ from 2000-2002. Never knew recharging items was a thing until P99, a full decade after it mattered when a good deal of secrets were shared. Part of the charm was so much was not known by many.

The guys in this thread probably mean well and the changes they propose might make the game better but I have to say that none of that is what made EQ good in the first place (we had to root dragons here to just get back gameplay) Im not sure if I could point to any one thing that did but.. it was. Trying to always improve upon the lightning in the bottle has lead someone like me to a heavy frown of modern gaming in general.
Last edited by Mblake81; 06-13-2019 at 12:09 AM..
Old 06-13-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Item recharging = WAY MORE over powered than enchanters.

Also nobody knew how to do that in classic so by that logic DELETE IT

Delete the server, nobody knew how to play EQ back then delete the server this whole thing isnt classic!

"This server isnt classic because when I play on it Im still old and not young and full of hope that I wont play this game for the rest of my life like I was on live."
Old 06-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item recharging = WAY MORE over powered than enchanters.

Also nobody knew how to do that in classic so by that logic DELETE IT

Delete the server, nobody knew how to play EQ back then delete the server this whole thing isnt classic!

"This server isnt classic because when I play on it Im still old and not young and full of hope that I wont play this game for the rest of my life like I was on live."
Nah, the only things I have asked for here were aesthetics which can't happen and rooting the dragons / or trust busting the meta as three years was long enough, dragons was chosen. Not proud but it is nice wandering around NtOV during prime time. The players that matter to me have told me they like that change, mission accomplished.

Don't get it confused due to me giving JurisDictum shit and remembering how things were. Can't emulate the time the game came from.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:23 PM
Banned

Lol

whats sad is alot of the people who got hooked on online games never did anything with their lives

other then farm pointless treasure
Old 06-13-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

"its not fair enchanters can charm"

*clicks root net to CC breaking into 6 spawn named camp
Old 06-16-2019, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Merchant recharging should have been nixed on day 1. I think it is tough at this point on blue because of the potential backlash from players who own puppet strings, healing words, bladestoppers, etc.

Definitely think it should be removed from green, but if green becomes blue at some point, we reach the same dilemma.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:12 PM
Banned

there are other ways to recharge items that cost 0 money
Closed Thread