Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

On a positive note. Got the ring in 45 mins tonight so I guess the karma balanced out
Old 07-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Kobold

Grats on your AC Ring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2019, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Camps were common in the sense of groups staking out certain areas to fight in. That's not the same as endless waitlists for a boring placeholder NPC like AC, where individuals sit around doing nothing. Again, not many people had the knowledge of where all the items dropped, or were even high enough level to take part in it. 90% of the playerbase was no higher than level 30 during first 6 months of EQ.
I specifically remember waitlists in Highpass at both orcs and gnolls cause people wanted the PGT and shralok packs. People going to a place specifically for an item was most definitely a thing.

I remember groups forming in Unrest too because people wanted dwarven workboots and jagged bands from the ghost.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:47 AM
Fire Giant

I have my entire enchanter epic done other than fear and hate. Been sitting on all the pieces for 6 months.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Won’t say here because repeating it brings up too much trauma but i believe i had the worst luck in p99 history.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Won’t say here because repeating it brings up too much trauma but i believe i had the worst luck in p99 history.
Can’t just bring it up and leave us hanging. Relive that trauma. BE the trauma
Old 07-27-2019, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Ive been on a long break from P99 after a failed Guardian Robe camping spree for a few months straight.

In classic I camped AC in OOT for two weekends straight during an event so people werent doing him for nothin.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I specifically remember waitlists in Highpass at both orcs and gnolls cause people wanted the PGT and shralok packs. People going to a place specifically for an item was most definitely a thing.

I remember groups forming in Unrest too because people wanted dwarven workboots and jagged bands from the ghost.
People naturally gravitated towards GROUP exping in places that dropped an item they heard about, of course. That is not the same as a line of 20 individual people sitting in front of a single non-exp giving placeholder all day long. The ease of getting an item like PGT is also far removed from the utter boredom of camps that came about later in EQ's timeline.

This notion of camps was much different back in the day too. The "play nice policy" back then stated that everyone had to take turns. Nobody owned a camp. P99 is explicitly non-Classic about this. Back then, if you wanted to go somewhere and do something, anybody who was there immediately had to take turns with you. Because of this, there were rarely ever more than 2 separate groups/individuals on a given "list" for a camp, because otherwise it would become too diluted. People would just go find something else to do.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:59 PM
Kobold

0 for 12 with Hierophant's Cloaks here on p99.... lol haven't went back to camp in year or so now.... my /random 100 is really broke. =(
Old 07-29-2019, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People naturally gravitated towards GROUP exping in places that dropped an item they heard about, of course. That is not the same as a line of 20 individual people sitting in front of a single non-exp giving placeholder all day long. The ease of getting an item like PGT is also far removed from the utter boredom of camps that came about later in EQ's timeline.

This notion of camps was much different back in the day too. The "play nice policy" back then stated that everyone had to take turns. Nobody owned a camp. P99 is explicitly non-Classic about this. Back then, if you wanted to go somewhere and do something, anybody who was there immediately had to take turns with you. Because of this, there were rarely ever more than 2 separate groups/individuals on a given "list" for a camp, because otherwise it would become too diluted. People would just go find something else to do.
Just because people are getting xp too, doesn't make it not a camp. People lined up in Guk too during classic for SSoY's and FBSS. Your definition of "camp" is too narrow and doesn't match the reality for most people I think.