Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 06:27 PM
Large Rat

Default is 4th floor a camp?

Hi all, I was under the impression that if you can hold the entire 4th floor of Highkeep by yourself and clear it all quickly, that you can hold the whole floor. Am I wrong about this? This is the second day in a row someone has come in and told me it's not campable and just runs in and grabs mobs.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2019, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Camp disputes in Highkeep, no wai!

Quote:
2. Help understanding what constitutes a 'camp'.

The definitions below are not absolute and Project 1999 Staff will not be defining what constitutes every "camp". All examples blow are just that, examples. Instead, Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will arbitrate spawn disputes on a per-case-basis. We greatly encourage players to find their own resolution to spawn disputes, as the solution provided by the staff will at best be a win-lose situation, and possibly a lose-lose situation. No two decisions, even at the same 'camp', are guaranteed to be the same, as we will take into account multiple factors in making a determination on a 'camp'.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Please do your best to use courtesy and common sense when interacting with other players in spawn disputes.
Above quote from The P99 Guidebook.

As for what constitutes a camp, for outdoor zones (which Highkeep is), my understanding is that each individual mob is a camp. In that case, if you are clearing all of 4th floor and another player shows up, I believe that you would have to split the spawns with him/her.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Bruh man, from the fif flo
Old 06-28-2019, 10:35 PM
Banned

you don't actually have to share evenly, you just can't legally killsteal them

I think
Old 06-28-2019, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

The actual rule is that you make a deal with whoever shows up. Bluffing and getting petitioned means you're waking up a probably grumpy guide who really doesn't want to deal with the kind of person entitled enough to claim multiple spawns in an outdoor zone
Old 06-29-2019, 12:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonicman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all, I was under the impression that if you can hold the entire 4th floor of Highkeep by yourself and clear it all quickly, that you can hold the whole floor. Am I wrong about this? This is the second day in a row someone has come in and told me it's not campable and just runs in and grabs mobs.

Thanks
To reiterate what others have said, no you can not claim the entire floor. You can claim a single spawn. Everything else comes down to who engages first. The more polite people will see someone holding down the spawns and wish you luck and move on but nothing is stopping someone from forcing you to share.

Like the person before me said, do not petition this. You're going to be in for a bad time.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To reiterate what others have said, no you can not claim the entire floor. You can claim a single spawn. Everything else comes down to who engages first. The more polite people will see someone holding down the spawns and wish you luck and move on but nothing is stopping someone from forcing you to share.
This. If the other person is being unreasonable, just put them on ignore and move on with your life.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the kind of person entitled enough to claim multiple spawns in an outdoor zone
It's actually not considered an "outdoor" zone in that sense.

When the staff decide whether a zone should be a "dungeon zone" (ie. camps = rooms, aka shared sets of mobs within line of sight of each other) or a non-dungeon/"outdoor" zone (camps = single spawn points), they're really looking at whether it's "dungeon-like", not whether it's literally outdoors or indoors. City of Mist and Karnor's Castle are both "outdoors", but you can camp rooms in either of them. ... and in High Keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden
Dungeon type zones could be anything from MM, COM, hhk, Guks, or Sebilis.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-29-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Old 06-30-2019, 04:00 PM
Large Rat

Thanks all for the clarifications!
Closed Thread