Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Default Starting Up!

WoW 2019 suxxors. EQ 2019 suxxors. I need classic!!! IT'S IN MY BLOOD! But I'm crazy super insanely casual.

I'm looking to either join Blue or wait for Green (need suggestions). I'm seeking a crazy casual guild that raids "easy" dungeons. I don't have 6 hours of time for Temple of Veeshan.

Thinking of playing as a Magician or Rogue if they're not gimped.

I have discord!
Old 07-25-2019, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to the server! If you search the forums here for "casual guild," I believe you'll find some good results. I believe Kittens Who Say Meow is a solid leveling guild, for instance.

One thing I will mention if you're choosing between Mage and Rogue--

Mages can solo more-easily when compared to a rogue if you're on a limited play schedule (ie you only have an hour here or there). Rogues are very desirable for groups if you prefer to group, though groups will require a bit more of a time-commitment per session of course. Cheers!
Old 07-25-2019, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the tip!

Wouldn't mages be more desirable for groups until 50+ when rogues start to pull ahead in DPS?
Old 07-25-2019, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

I'd say both Mages and Rogues are desirable in groups! However, Rogues have a much-harder time soloing.

More input: I rarely see a "bad" rogue in a group whereas I've definitely been with several semi-afk Mages...so "perception" is probably a factor here? Either way, you're looking at two fun classes!
Old 07-25-2019, 04:56 PM
Banned

Mages are also a bit of a hassle too.. They are capable at soloing, yes. But the only real form of crowd control that you have is your earth pets root? So you'd have to carry around root nets most likely? Or i would.. Also you have to do that whole reclaim energy pet trick thing to get full exp for your kills.. That to me as a super casual myself, sounds like a huge pain in the rear man..

But! What a cool class the mage is though dude. Love havin them in my groups.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Mage all day. Rogues mostly a group and raiding class. Mage can do all of it,hella cheap to gear, and also you can do some serious pp farming at higher levels as well to eventually twink the piss outta the melee class of your choosing later on. Go DE mage for fashion and hide which is amazing for casters when you need a safe afk med break.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Mage pets seem way less pro active at casting their spells here than on live.

On live you could have your pet alternate root on a couple of mobs while fighting a third. That is not feasible here.

May as well dip into blue to refresh your knowledge. You can then decide if you want to reroll in a less mature server or not.

If farming plat to buy OP items is your thing then you are a blue player. If you want to earn meaningful items from the content you are clearing, perhaps green will suit you better.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Ok I think I'll role a female gnome rogue. I like to be unique!
Old 07-26-2019, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok I think I'll role a female gnome rogue. I like to be unique!
You'll have big shoes to fill! Is Sneaksy still around this place?!
Old 07-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue is a good choice. Probably the most sought after dps class in a group.