Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-19-2023, 09:59 PM
Orc

Default To root or not to root (DOT dmg)

hello guys I'm new to druid[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.],
usually i'll do some root rot when i have spare time.
From wiki i read something about moving mob is taking less dmg
"If a mob is moving (not including a result of fear or flee) when the damage from a dot is applied, it will take 66% of the damage that it would have normally taken."

Is a rooted mob count as "moving" ?
I found its weird when i doing dot root rot some Snow Cougars in IC...
i usually snare, root, Immolate then Drones of Doom, its 4%hp per tick
when cougars hp under 20% and root break with snare(not moving), it become 7%hp per tick[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

is it a bug or dot only do full dmg when mobs non moving non root?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2023, 02:03 AM
Aviak

Test and see if the damage jumps up to 7% if you run in and take one round of melee when it’s rooted, that resetted ghostrooting before it was supposedly fixed
Old 02-20-2023, 04:57 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Test and see if the damage jumps up to 7% if you run in and take one round of melee when it’s rooted, that resetted ghostrooting before it was supposedly fixed
WAO!!! 7% per tick now!!! Thank you very much!!!! but why? i don't understand what happen and how it works[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2023, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

It thinks it is chasing so reduces dot damage. If you get in melee range it realises it is in combat / fleeing so no dot damage penalty.
Mi suspect it is linked to the bug(?) where a mob that is fleeing from a fear effect will do a round of attacks before switching to fleeing from low hp.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 02-20-2023, 06:18 AM
Orc

1) snare > Immolate and Drones of Doom > run = 4%per tick
2) snare > root > Immolate and Drones of Doom = 4%per tick
3) snare > root > Immolate and Drones of Doom > root break when under 20%hp = 7%per tick
4) snare > root >melee(just 1 round then back off out of melee range)> Immolate and Drones of Doom = 7%per tick
Old 02-20-2023, 06:47 AM
Aviak

Think it triggers when you use dots/roots without dd components, the server doesn’t register that it stops moving as it is supposed to. Before it came with a graphical glitch that the mob kept moving towards you and warped back to rootpoint, guess that’s where the term came from...
Search for ghostroot or ghosting on the bugs forum, more info there... and maybe add a new topic about it, sounds like the issue is still there even if they fixed the graphics part
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=Ghost+root
Edit: added link
Last edited by ithaqua; 02-20-2023 at 06:57 AM..
Old 02-20-2023, 09:37 AM
Orc

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think it triggers when you use dots/roots without dd components, the server doesn’t register that it stops moving as it is supposed to. Before it came with a graphical glitch that the mob kept moving towards you and warped back to rootpoint, guess that’s where the term came from...
Search for ghostroot or ghosting on the bugs forum, more info there... and maybe add a new topic about it, sounds like the issue is still there even if they fixed the graphics part
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=Ghost+root
Edit: added link
Thank you very much!! Its much better to know this for doing root rot~
Old 02-20-2023, 11:29 AM
Banned

I learned something new.

I came in thinking I was going to teach someone something, but the teacher became the student...

Is this ghost issue only on Druids or does it happen with Necros/Shamans/etc as well?
Old 02-20-2023, 03:52 PM
Aviak

Would say that it happens to all classes since it is a bug with the anti-kite code or well, a bug with mobs state of movement. Easier to counter as a nec though, just send in your pet for a round of attacks (and hope he doesn’t proc and break root)
Old 02-20-2023, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Would say that it happens to all classes since it is a bug with the anti-kite code or well, a bug with mobs state of movement. Easier to counter as a nec though, just send in your pet for a round of attacks (and hope he doesn’t proc and break root)
I never use my pet while root rotting.

I suppose I should now.

Then again, I tend to root rot static spawn guards. Probably doesn't matter much.

But now that I think about it, I have noticed some variance in dot damage because I've noticed that a Splurt and a Pyrocuror will take down a guard, but sometimes it takes more than that (because it's usually a guard that I accidently aggroed)