Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 01:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Can't initiate quest dialogues

Hi, I just re-installed p99 today after not playing for quite a while, and I have tried starting two different characters and neither of them have been able to further quest dialogue past hailing the NPC.

I have the NPC selected, I am standing very close to it, and no matter what I type, even if I just use the [highlighted] word, the NPC just turns to me and doesn't give any follow-up dialogue.

I have tried to restart my client twice and I am honestly stumped as I have not found any info on a similar problem when googling.
I am at a genuine loss as I have already played the game before and I am trying to initiate dialogue the same way I successfully did when I used to play, but now I get no follow-ups.
Any help or ideas on what might be wrong would be appreciated.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I just re-installed p99 today after not playing for quite a while, and I have tried starting two different characters and neither of them have been able to further quest dialogue past hailing the NPC.

I have the NPC selected, I am standing very close to it, and no matter what I type, even if I just use the [highlighted] word, the NPC just turns to me and doesn't give any follow-up dialogue.

I have tried to restart my client twice and I am honestly stumped as I have not found any info on a similar problem when googling.
I am at a genuine loss as I have already played the game before and I am trying to initiate dialogue the same way I successfully did when I used to play, but now I get no follow-ups.
Any help or ideas on what might be wrong would be appreciated.
which quest/npc? Can you post logs?
Old 10-15-2020, 02:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which quest/npc? Can you post logs?
The first NPC I tried to pick up a quest from was one of the NPC's nearby Shaman trainer.

The second was Kinool Goldsinger on my High Elf Enchanter.

This was on green server btw.
Worth noting is that I have set up a second chat window, but only display combat messages on it, main chat window still handles all chat activity, could this cause an issue?

Not really sure what logs you'd want or where to get them.

EDIT: I just booted the game up again and this time NPC Kinool Goldsinger gave a follow-up in his dialogue, and I didn't really change anything, so perhaps this was just a weird quirk after making a new character on a fresh install.
Seems to have resolved itself for now anyways, thanks anyways for the reply! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nilsun; 10-15-2020 at 02:33 PM..
Closed Thread