Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's because (unpopular opinion?) outdoor Kunark zones suck fucking ass. They look kinda nice in appearance and lore, but mostly blow for any practical purpose aside from bard swarming or quadding and shit in some of them. Kunark grouping is all about the dungeons and really in the 30s/40s the old world is far better for just about anyone in just about every way.
Yup. Old world ZEMs being revamped and kunark zones being untouched means very few people are going to endure a garbage ZEM like The Overthere. The people there are doing so at their own expense, purely to experience the Kunark zones again.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't be surprised if the next bout of timeline progression has old world ZEM nerfed. I was originally going to post that they would boost the kunark EXP but I think they will just make old world more comparable to kunark. AKA bad.

I don't think guards are supposed to be EXP mobs TBH I would nerf the shit out of them. Plus as a halfling my people have endured much slaughter in this fashion.

I remember the first time I saw someone killing the dwarf fisherman community near kaladim. Just didn't feel right.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:45 PM
Banned

the only cure for the green sickness is red
Old 11-24-2020, 02:02 AM
Kobold

Guards have always been experience and cash mobs. I did Corrupt Qeynos and Neriak guards on my Bard in Classic and Freeport guards on my Iksar Monk in Kunark. It even fits for roleplay reasons, such as an elf or dwarf raiding Oggok or a dark elf raiding Felwithe. Who else are you going to hunt there? Not merchants and guild masters. I can say I've also done it for roleplay reasons as well.

Praise Amun!
Old 11-24-2020, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's because (unpopular opinion?) outdoor Kunark zones suck fucking ass. They look kinda nice in appearance and lore, but mostly blow for any practical purpose aside from bard swarming or quadding and shit in some of them. Kunark grouping is all about the dungeons and really in the 30s/40s the old world is far better for just about anyone in just about every way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree on a exp efficiency basis. Back in the day though the novelty factor was a bigger deal than it is today.
It wasn't just about novelty back in the day, but overcrowding. Old World zones were insanely overpopulated in the months before Kunark. There would be 100 people in South Karana. Full groups of 6 would be sitting at 1 Gnoll spire outside Splitpaw. Kunark added a ton of content and the outdoor zones were far more populated with level-appropriate things to hunt than the Old World outdoor zones. Those zones were amazing because they allowed people to actually roam around hunt (even if the majority of groups would end up stick to a wall while 1 person pulled), an enjoyable game experience that is the essence of Everquest.

If the ZEM's on Green were Classic, then outdoor Kunark zones would be fine leveling spots still. Although note, shortly after Kunark launched, people complained the dungeons weren't worth it in comparison to Old World dungeons. They buffed up the ZEM's in those zones in response, although not to anything amazing (particularly considering the comparative difficulty).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think guards are supposed to be EXP mobs TBH I would nerf the shit out of them.
Guard killing (and various other static level 35+ NPC's) was happening everywhere in Classic, and remained the best way to level, particularly in the city zones with high ZEM. The first person to get level 60 just perma camped an NPC in South Qeynos, and as a Ranger! They eventually nerfed the spawn times of popularly camped NPC's, and made city Gate guards essentially worthless for exping, but certain Old World areas still remained the best place to exp.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand why people chase ZEMs, plat, or loots. I guess if you are absolutely new to the game and want 1 main character at max level to help out your actual character, beyond that IDK??? And haven't done all the 'cool stuff before'.

My favorite spots were always very inneficient or odd little corners, and they had the most colorful npcs float thru. Little spots the designers built, that I could enjoy. Not for maximal exp game, but because it was their little sandbox I got to share in.

I am wondering what people recommend for those in Kunark? I am more familiar with the old world for the most part.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why people chase ZEMs, plat, or loots. I guess if you are absolutely new to the game and want 1 main character at max level to help out your actual character, beyond that IDK??? And haven't done all the 'cool stuff before'.
For me, it comes down to simply not being able to enjoy myself if I know I'm being wildly inefficient. I don't have infinite time, so even if I'm in a cool spot, all I can think about is "I'd be getting over double the exp if I was in Cazic Thule." That basically ruins super low ZEM zones for me.

I can manage old world outdoor zones and cities (100 vs 150) but I just can't stomach something like LoIO (60).
Old 11-24-2020, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me, it comes down to simply not being able to enjoy myself if I know I'm being wildly inefficient. I don't have infinite time, so even if I'm in a cool spot, all I can think about is "I'd be getting over double the exp if I was in Cazic Thule." That basically ruins super low ZEM zones for me.

I can manage old world outdoor zones and cities (100 vs 150) but I just can't stomach something like LoIO (60).
I wouldn't mind if they turned up exp on green/blue/red (its' already wicked fast in grps on red) it makes the servers top heavy tho, and ppl solo more.

But I'm all for Ez99 with like the normal classic game and not some cheeze gm commands and stuff so it feels a litte bit like i'm playing seriously. - for me wouldn't mind if they let people boost to 40 on red99
Closed Thread