Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so dont buy it and price will level out, its new and exciting and virgins want to be the first nerd with XX item

if you dont like it dont play, stop complaining and camp your own gatorscale legs
Ah, a Trump-voter.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, a Trump-voter.
Hmm a person who doesn't expect a handout and has the work ethic to go out and do for themselves?

Yep, Trump Voter.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a non pvp server, you can level to 60 in cloth armor

Bet if you had a FBSS people would pay well for it

Sorry you lost at farming loot
I appreciate this troll attempt, but really the big brain hustle later on in on Green Classic was farming shit loads of non-lore items worth 400-800ish pp that weren't necessarily permafarmed (charred guardian shield is an example)

Squallsurge Shawl barely sells for 3k anymore and you might get one once every couple days on an 8 hour spawn. And its actually a very good item. The all the kedge drops were never worth the time for payout because.......everybody's broke. Freeti is obv a good camp but every idiot and asshole is constantly jockeying for it.

Shit like a lot of pieces of Sebilite Scale should be selling like hotcakes at a few hundred plat a pop but..........everybody's broke. That stuff is really good upgrades for leveling toons. Selling fine steel you should be able to scrounge up that money easily.

I will say though that tons of items are in fact super overvalued and with the whole DKP getting top loot first thing on Green Kunark (which wasn't the case on blue) you in fact....-dont- get people that went and "put in the work" to get the Kunark drops. They warmbodied in Classic for months and spent their funny money and now they want to cash out for absurd amounts.

How much is a Necklace of Superiority worth? Is it 60k? Is it 38k? Is it 30k? Is anybody even paying that much for one? How many people on this box can actually go to Drusella and survive? With the level of play I've seen in Kunark so far its really not many, at all.

I think NoS its a great item but its only worth what people will pay. Just like anything else. Economics 101. The EQ nerd paper-napkin-math-worthy-of-scientific-jounal-publication and the "you're so smart you're actually a fucking idiot" EQ player bullshit is strong on this box. You can't sell something for a price nobody is willing to pay.

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 11-24-2020 at 10:10 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

i offer 500k
Old 11-25-2020, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it me, or it's pretty stale?

I spent several hours, over the last few days, auctionning stuff in the hundreds of plat and barely got any tells. Stuff that usually goes really quickly as it's affordable twink gear. The few tells I got mostly wanted to buy for half wiki price or less.

Green economy seems pretty dead atm. Or maybe people just wait for the prices to crash due to the inevitable mudflation?
Some of it is because people are focusing on the grind. Another part of the equation is that this time around Kunark isn’t going to be around for years; so for some items people know that within a year they might become more obsolete or arguably a bit less better than certain Velious pieces and the price will drop.

Same thing like how certain items sold less during the old world era because you know in Kunark some of those items are going to be so outpaced that people would rather just wait for the next expansions gear than pay an inflated price
Old 11-25-2020, 03:57 AM
Fire Giant

You forget Green is 13 months old and blue has 11 years of plat income.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

Jacob Rothschild owns 500,000,000,000,000 US Dollars - don't accept any handouts make your own way like Jake did. Steal it.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:11 AM
Large Rat

Misinformation. Unless your character can actually cast the spell aggro procs are capped at 400. Then I've seen Ssoy still trying to be sold for 2k, Yak clubs going for 1k, Kunzar kujuchs for 200p, Acid etched war sword 600p. Today I seen a claw impaler trying to be sold at 1k.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

It's a great market. Lots of disparity. Big opportunities. I see the concern that the gnomes are getting gnomier and while the trolls getting trollier, but that's Norrathian capitalism.

You got people going every which direction. FOMO dude over there paying arm + leg. Stubborn 5-year investor over there who won't lower price 1k.

I love the diversity.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:13 PM
Banned

All i hear is complaining from people lucky enough to sit on their ass and play an online game

what would happen if some of you actually had to work and didnt even have the energy or brainpower to play a video game?
Closed Thread