Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean what is your alternative? Even without Iksar racials Necros are one of the strongest classes in vanilla EQ. And as has been pointed out, there is nothing an Iksar Necro can do that an Erudite/Dark Elf Necro cannot. The only difference is you will have to lifetap more with a non-Iksar, which itself is not a huge issue 50+ because you will likely be charm soloing and/or grouping in which case you will be life-tapping a lot anyway.
This is your answer. People that love iksar can love them all they want, But at the end of the day there is nothing an iksar necro can do that any of the other necros cant. Its just a little less down time. I have a 50+ DE necro on blue. Hes a bad ass. i love him.

P.S. Not once have i wished i had rolled an iksar for less down time. Youre a necro. there isnt much down time compared to other classes.
Last edited by Vidar; 10-10-2019 at 11:55 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can not turn in while hidden, you're thinking of sneak.
As someone who did those turn ins on a DE SK, I'm speaking from experience. There are a few benefits to having hide that some might like to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hide can be used that way as well, for indifferent turnins.
Open trade, click hide till indifferent, turn in.
TY Cen. You're doing god's work out here.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least make either a dark elf or gnome, then you can have hide or wall hacks to go with your sour grapes. And since necros do get lull spells wall hacking is really quite useful.
What is wall hacking?
Old 10-11-2019, 01:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuchang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is wall hacking?
Looking through a wall by clipping in to it in first person. You can do it by sitting as most races, and as a skeleton. Shrunk people and Gnomes just do it with a larger view and the ability to turn the camera left and right without standing and sitting again.
Last edited by Ashenden; 10-11-2019 at 01:25 AM..
Old 10-11-2019, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Gnome

The lizard regen is highly overrated

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 10-11-2019, 03:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who did those turn ins on a DE SK, I'm speaking from experience.
I did it on P99. You could do it on Live after Luclin-ish client. It was removed from Blue, I believe the conclusion was the classic client did not support this. Log onto Blue and try it, then report back. There are still some FD tricks for quest turnins, but activating hide with trade window open is not one of them.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking through a wall by clipping in to it in first person. You can do it by sitting as most races, and as a skeleton. Shrunk people and Gnomes just do it with a larger view and the ability to turn the camera left and right without standing and sitting again.
Not quite. The complete wall hacking suite allows you target mobs through the wall, not just see them.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

I played DE necro from 1999 to 2003ish, solo, group, raids. On P99 Blue I played iksar necro. Pre-50 it doesn't matter much. At 60 it allows you to kill 1 more mob every 6. So it's not really a game changer. I multi mob kite as necro so I don't sit much. If you are running out of mana as necro then you more likely have efficiency issues or an emergency gank by a casting mob.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did it on P99. You could do it on Live after Luclin-ish client. It was removed from Blue, I believe the conclusion was the classic client did not support this. Log onto Blue and try it, then report back. There are still some FD tricks for quest turnins, but activating hide with trade window open is not one of them.
I never said you hid while the trade window was open...
Old 10-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Yep. Iksar is better, but it doesn't break the class.

Applies to Monk and Necromancer.

In both cases, the difference is more meaningful in PVP

On non PVP, barely even worth mentioning except in your gut you know that the iksar version of you would be slightly "better" whatever that actually means.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread