Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by auura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the third response of yours where you attempt to project your own feelings onto me. Case in point, this quote from you which I found with a 5 second search:
If either of us has been warped by media, I would wager it is you, lol.
Nice quote. I expect it shall stand the test of time
Old 09-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by auura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Finally, I disagree that riots which cause property damage are entirely inappropriate. I will admit that this is likely because I am entirely isolated from such things, but I generally believe that when there are increasing signs of the state turning toward authoritarianism which show up not just in the police force, but in government, then protests are one of the first steps that need to be taken to restore a democratic society.
If my state imposed house arrest on the population and mandated face coverings for a disease with a 99.98% survival rate for persons under the age of 49, do you feel that it would be appropriate for me to drive to your state and burn down your house in protest? ��
Old 09-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Banned

It's not at all conclusive that he was killed by the kneeling cop though, nor that the cop had any racially motivated animus toward him. The autopsy found lethally high amounts of an incredibly potent opioid narcotic in his system, this is relevant because if he had swallowed a large amount at the beginning of the encounter, it makes total sense that he slowly passes away which I and any decent person found horrifying to witness. But throwing around terms like "murdered" and "executed" and "publically lynched" which people on the far left love to do is completely unhelpful at best and dangerously irresponsible at worst.

When you create a false public perception that police kill young black males for no reason whatsoever, which is not born out of the extensive data available on police-citizen interactions whatsoever, innocent cops who have done nothing wrong literally *do* get executed, it has happened multiple times since the protests and riots began. I understand being concerned about vigilante justice, but Rittenhouse is kind of the least of the least offender in that department compared to some deranged lunatic who thinks killing random cops is some kind of cosmic justice. It's reprehensible and psychotic.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not at all conclusive that he was killed by the kneeling cop though, nor that the cop had any racially motivated animus toward him. The autopsy found lethally high amounts of an incredibly potent opioid narcotic in his system, this is relevant because if he had swallowed a large amount at the beginning of the encounter, it makes total sense that he slowly passes away which I and any decent person found horrifying to witness. But throwing around terms like "murdered" and "executed" and "publically lynched" which people on the far left love to do is completely unhelpful at best and dangerously irresponsible at worst.

When you create a false public perception that police kill young black males for no reason whatsoever, which is not born out of the extensive data available on police-citizen interactions whatsoever, innocent cops who have done nothing wrong literally *do* get executed, it has happened multiple times since the protests and riots began. I understand being concerned about vigilante justice, but Rittenhouse is kind of the least of the least offender in that department compared to some deranged lunatic who thinks killing random cops is some kind of cosmic justice. It's reprehensible and psychotic.
100%
Old 09-25-2020, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The autopsy found lethally high amounts of an incredibly potent opioid narcotic in his system, this is relevant because if he had swallowed a large amount at the beginning of the encounter, it makes total sense that he slowly passes away which I and any decent person found horrifying to witness.
Reminds me of how the rapper juicewrld died after finding out the police were waiting to search his aircraft he popped the pills he had on his person, overdosed with blood coming out.
It would explain how floyd was bleeding, due to an overdose. I had also read he had lethal levels of Fentanyl in his system upon autopsy but I couldn't source to my satisfaction to mention it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-25-2020 at 03:55 PM..
Old 09-25-2020, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I can find some common ground with you, too, as I believe there was a valid reason to arrest Floyd. The problem is too many of these cases involve in death due to police escalation. Not sure if you saw the white autistic kid who was killed by cops in Utah after his mom called the police because he was having a fit of some kind - its more egregious than the Floyd case by far, but probably got swept under the rug because it fits neither side's narrative (he wasnt black so doesnt help the libs and he was killed by cops so it doesnt help the cons).

I believe you brought up the drugs in the system case for the reason you said, taking you at your word, but the idea of showing someone had unclean hands has been used throughout history to discredit people, show that they deserved what they got, and remove empathy from their supporters and I believe that is happening with the Floyd case in general.

Finally, I disagree that riots which cause property damage are entirely inappropriate. I will admit that this is likely because I am entirely isolated from such things, but I generally believe that when there are increasing signs of the state turning toward authoritarianism which show up not just in the police force, but in government, then protests are one of the first steps that need to be taken to restore a democratic society.

Now its funny for me to say this because, like I said, I am isolated from it and have no financial difficulties. That said, I actually don't want desperate people banging on my door to get my shit. Many people would think in such a position i would be an ardent 2a supporter and look for more aggressive policing. I believe that would be a mistake. We need more education and more opportunity for the poor. If we let their circumstances get too bad, there will be more poor and desperate people than there will be people to shoot them when they threaten the rest.
Fentanyl is a respiratory depressant. If cause of death is asphyxiation, it’s relevant in the scientific sense and not merely “his hands weren’t clean” demonization of the victim

It doesn’t justify it, but it is somewhat relevant, although I’d guess the 9 minutes of kneeling caused his death about a billion times more than the fentanyl
Old 09-25-2020, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who cares if he was on Fentanyl? He was murdered because he tried to use a counterfeit bill? Why would you bring it up? How does that help your cause?
George Floyd is in hell
Old 09-25-2020, 05:12 PM
Banned

Just had a junkie friend od on fent, no joke bros ( Was never meant to be a recreational drug because its too potent to cut into doses by the average drug user or dealer )

Also heard a tom petty song at target yesterday lol, wont back down hehehhe rip
Old 09-25-2020, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now im more confused. Did Jesus say the Bible was accurate to live by or that it was a complicated puzzle
Jesus said to love God with all your heart and to love thy neighbor like your self. He didnt say....love your ego with all your heart, and traipse along the edge of legality like a litigious pharisee.

He also said he did not come to abolish the law, he came to fulfill it for you.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fentanyl is a respiratory depressant. If cause of death is asphyxiation, it’s relevant in the scientific sense and not merely “his hands weren’t clean” demonization of the victim

It doesn’t justify it, but it is somewhat relevant, although I’d guess the 9 minutes of kneeling caused his death about a billion times more than the fentanyl
All opioids and opiates are respiratory depressants. So is alcohol btw. Fentanyl is an extremely powerful and efficient synthetic opioid however. It is also extremely habit forming like all opioids and opiates, meaning it will make users take increasingly dangerous risks to obtain it and continue using it. If the medical examiner reports *lethal levels* of such a compound, how do you arrive at the conclusion that the cause of his death was probably the kneeling? When somebody is genuinely choking, they can't speak. He did not actually die in the video, he simply went unconscious. He died later at the hospital. All of this is completely, entirely consistent with a fentanyl overdose brought on by a panicked bad decision.

And yes, this is essentially exactly how juice wrld died. Eating drugs so they won't be found.
Closed Thread