Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 02:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. I died a handful of times in several levels there. It was always to a hasted pet that resisted 2-3 roots in a row. Since stopping my use of haste, I haven't died once.
Ya but that hasted pet is gonna kill 3-4x the amount of mobs it will unhasted. Not only increasing exp gain but saving mana. Trick is just stand at max range, gives you a chance to root before it even gets to you if you're paying attention.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya but that hasted pet is gonna kill 3-4x the amount of mobs it will unhasted. Not only increasing exp gain but saving mana. Trick is just stand at max range, gives you a chance to root before it even gets to you if you're paying attention.
Maybe if you're duoing and you don't want to break charm for the xp hit. If soloing and you get 3, thorns on the pet and arms/bracer dot on the other target are usually enough for the pet to 1 vs 2 the others. Other than that, I found it best to have 1 pet per 1 other mob and kill both at the same time.

The speed increase didnt seem worth it to me to risk 1-2 hours of xp time. If you feel confident you can get a rez though, sure, go for it.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=visb_rkLiqw

This is the one I used. Watching videos ruins immersion but getting down there is serious business.

While Haggard Krew's bottom camp video is excellent, this video sucks and their method for getting there is needlessly dangerous. It's much safer to just root the see invis mobs and immediately camp aggro around a corner out of LOS. Aside from the two ice giants at the 2 mark on the map, which don't always see invis, only the ice giant magi (also may not see invis) and one icy terror will be in your way. Just root them, sneak out of line of sight, and camp. Magi is low level, the terror bit higher level. Binding down in the pits is a bad idea, too. The safest spot in zone is this red circle up in the upper hallways.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No mobs spawn there, no mobs ever path there from a resetting train, and you won't have someone from the top camp train bears on top of you if you afk in the pits' "safe spot." The green dot below is an icy terror, but the red line is a geometry bug that blocks line of sight so you will never aggro the terror unless you purposefully cross it. The Xs are pit falls. The X just to the left of the red circle drops onto a spider and a wolf spawn, so use regular invis (not vs animals) before going down to the pits.
Last edited by Bummey; 10-09-2018 at 01:54 PM..
Old 10-09-2018, 02:41 PM
Banned

Legit question- Is this camp really better than just quadding othmirs? I avoided bear pits 100% on my druid, started quadding othmirs at 58.. Selling the furs, gems, and crustacean is an amazing profit! It's safe, great music, and such a convenient location. 20sec run from the circle, always rezzers and mind refreshers coming and going. And great for making that extra money succoring people through SG! Bear pits are scary man, and a thread reaching 2 or 3 pages just discussing how the camp works seems like a pain in the rear.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

^Poor othmirs! They make that sweet steel drum music you love so much.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^Poor othmirs! They make that sweet steel drum music you love so much.
They kick out the best jams, hands down. I leave enough up to still produce quality music.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They kick out the best jams, hands down. I leave enough up to still produce quality music.
Aight thats good to hear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H_l7WtWTP0
Old 10-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legit question- Is this camp really better than just quadding othmirs? I avoided bear pits 100% on my druid, started quadding othmirs at 58.. Selling the furs, gems, and crustacean is an amazing profit! It's safe, great music, and such a convenient location. 20sec run from the circle, always rezzers and mind refreshers coming and going. And great for making that extra money succoring people through SG! Bear pits are scary man, and a thread reaching 2 or 3 pages just discussing how the camp works seems like a pain in the rear.
Yes. Fuck those othmir, in a "they're not even worth killing" sort of way, not a "you should extremely kill them, do nothing but kill them" way and definitely not in a horny way.

It seems like a huge pain in the ass, but once you get the hang of it it's quite easy. It is dangerous. It's way out in the middle of nowhere. And it can be tricky to get to the camp, but once you're in and established and know how to do it there's no better place to be where exp is concerned.

All that other stuff you listed distracts from the hot hot exp in the bear pits.
Last edited by Bummey; 10-09-2018 at 06:12 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 AM
Fire Giant

Look at this tutorial as well. It covers pretty much everything. Good luck!

Bear Pits 101 (Tutorial) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176604719?t=1031s
Old 10-10-2018, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That small benefit is not worth the huge added risk. With thorns + dot the bears die plenty fast already and if you want max exp solo you have to keep several rooted before you break pet.

I'm sure there are some pros out there who can squeeze a little more exp by hasting the pet but overall for most players it is a losing proposition, especially solo.