Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmarnieh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as I remember they made a change in Luclin to prevent any 50+ or60+ buffs from working on anyone under 40, before that time though all buffs could be cast on anyone of any level.
It was past Luclin. I stood on the Stone near the Stone Bank in PoK and casted KEI till my tits fell off to even level one noobs for Plat. And got rich doing it. It may have been in Luclin but not at the launch. That was a long time ago. Can't remember if there where PoK stones or not back then when it changed?? I think there were.
Last edited by webrunner5; 03-14-2013 at 11:33 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was past Luclin. I stood on the Stone near the Stone Bank in PoK and casted KeI to even level one noobs for Plat. And got rich doing it.
This is confirmed accurate, KEI was the biggest and easiest way to PL lowbies outside of melee and was greatly used. I don't know why the argument went from a duration on a spell to higher level spells not being effective on lower levels, but again the change discussed for PL purposes won't ever be seen here cause it was way past velious.

I do remember DS's lasting longer as well much like other buffs growing in duration as level/mana cost got higher, which here doesn't seem nearly as accurate. I will admit the exact time eludes me as it was many years ago, but i feel the old way on this server was closer to correct than this current duration.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotBK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do remember DS's lasting longer as well much like other buffs growing in duration as level/mana cost got higher, which here doesn't seem nearly as accurate. I will admit the exact time eludes me as it was many years ago, but i feel the old way on this server was closer to correct than this current duration.
I agree. DS's are broken. It was more accurate in the beginning on here.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotBK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is confirmed accurate, KEI was the biggest and easiest way to PL lowbies outside of melee and was greatly used. I don't know why the argument went from a duration on a spell to higher level spells not being effective on lower levels, but again the change discussed for PL purposes won't ever be seen here cause it was way past velious.

As far as I remember they just closed a "loophole" if you want to call it such a thing that let you cast the spell on people below lvl 45 or 46. You could target yourself or another group member that was within level range and it could buff everyone in the group. I don't ever remember being able to cast natureskin, shield of blades, or C2 on lvl 1s.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

If I remember correctly I don't think a Ranger could buff low people but a Druid could?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure no 51+ SINGLE target buffs landed on people below level 46. I specificially remember during Kunark my alt not being able to get Heroism, but Heroic Bond worked no problem.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWDL_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure no 51+ SINGLE target buffs landed on people below level 46. I specificially remember during Kunark my alt not being able to get Heroism, but Heroic Bond worked no problem.
i had to invite them to group and cast group ds to ds noobs.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

I remember in Luclin sitting in Palaudal Caverns singing my bard aoe mana / health regen song and PLing tons of Newbs at the same time. I would leave it afk like that for all night. Within a few months of me leaving it like that every night that got implemented where it couldn't be cast in less then level 46 but I know it was a level 64 song so had to be PoP.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had to invite them to group and cast group ds to ds noobs.
Exactly. I quit during Velious. I never played any expansions past that. I'm sure this was implemented during Kunark.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Banned

i had kei

i sold it alot

but i had to be invited to a group to cast on anyone under 45
Closed Thread