Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Default Zoning Disconnects

Good afternoon,

I have had this problem in the past, but it seemed to have fixed itself. The issue is for my friend now.

It seems to be some sort of communication error with the server that has been affecting quite a few people to my knowledge now.

1.) Disconnects you while zoning
2.) Attempt to log back in - Shows no servers
3.) Servers are showing - log in, no characters showing
4.) Finally get in, and get disconnected once again when zoning.

It cycle's through all of these scenarios.

Any help would be appreciated so I can relay a fix to my friend. We have tried multiple router resets and that doesnt seem to work for him. As i previously mentioned; i too had this issue at one point a few weeks ago but it seemed to have gone away for me.

Thank you for all of your help! Appreciate it community!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

The world seems to run on wireless these days, is your friend on wireless? If so see if he can get an ethernet cable plugged in and see if that fixes it.

I used to share a wireless onnection with 5 other guys a few years back here and had these problems, particularly when there was a bandwidth war with people streaming stuff. Got a 20 metre ethernet cable and ran that from the router to my PC and the problems (no servers on server select etc) stopped.

It could also be a problem with your friend's router, is it old? Does the connection drop occasionally? Can he try a different one to see if theres any difference?

If wireless, is his wireless adapter setup all good? Might be something else to try and swap out if he's got the parts but I'd definitely try an ethernet cable and seeing if that fixes it.

Also ask him if his wife/family/cat streams anything while he's playing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Kobold

So - he was wireless. Hardwired and is still experiencing these issues. About every 2-3 zones he will disconnect then the cycle will repeat itself. I see other posts about this as well. Is there really no fix?