Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 01:16 PM
Kobold

That intersection must be larger as I have no problem exping and I do not solely bow kite. Smart tanking, DOTs, DS, mixed in with bow works really well for me.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a very small overlap between:

1) people who understand that a ranger can bow-kite red-con shit around until it dies; and
2) people who enjoy bow-kiting red-con shit around until it dies as a sole means of XPing

In fact, the intersection of both groups of people probably just includes Ivory. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, spot on!

Ranger even has at least 1 red target it can bow kite at 60, set aside a good hour or two though!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That intersection must be larger as I have no problem exping and I do not solely bow kite. Smart tanking, DOTs, DS, mixed in with bow works really well for me.
I'm not saying it doesn't work... I'm just saying when I measure my fun and XP gain in 4 hours of doing this against grouping in a level-appropriate zone with a functional group**, the soloing route comes up far short. When Ivory measures it, IT IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!@# [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] lol

The only time this has ever been fun for me was with EQ/AM3 in Luclin, and by that level range, most everything summons.

** I also understand functional groups are hard to come by and some solo XP gain is better than zero (or negative) XP.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 08-14-2020 at 01:56 PM..
Old 08-14-2020, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying it doesn't work... I'm just saying when I measure my fun and XP gain in 4 hours of doing this against grouping in a level-appropriate zone with a functional group**, the soloing route comes up far short. When Ivory measures it, IT IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!@# [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] lol

The only time this has ever been fun for me was with EQ/AM3 in Luclin, and by that level range, most everything summons.

** I also understand functional groups are hard to come by and some solo XP gain is better than zero (or negative) XP.
Plenty of stuff to exp on that does not summon

Everything in fungus grove is blue and does not summon, garbage in the deep too
All crap in plane of disease, frogs in storms, diakus on upper level and plenty of room, all of plane of fire easy side, in gates you got yxxta primal areas huge exp, even in gates you got wall of slaughter easy side etc
Old 08-14-2020, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

<3 Archery, can do really good stuff with it. Bow kiting reds is fun but you need to be able to get a large quest XP boost from the kills for it to be remotely efficient.

Its too bad Shardwing Courier isn't on a faster respawn or it would be a legitimately reasonable XP bow kiting target for level 45 at least, probably a little less for lower levels because you would hit the quest XP cap. I don't know of any green eqivalents, maybe bow kiting gnolls for splitpaw hide scrolls?
Old 08-14-2020, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of em. We got a sow. I dunno if we can kill him with throwing weapons (by doing more dmg than his regen), but if we can, almost any class can kill him. It doesn't matter, though, because it wasn't an efficient use of time for the ranger either.
SoW is like, a given. Considered more a necessity than a buff.

That mob is 20 levels above the ranger, would have been a massive xp hit for the time spent killing it.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

EXP cap is 11% per kill (sometimes rounds up to 12%)
Thanks to Danth for setting me straight on this.

Waste of time to kill anything higher than what gives that.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-14-2020 at 03:36 PM..
Old 08-14-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Can we somehow calculate the level range of mobs to provide us with 11% per kill?
Old 08-14-2020, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience_table may work if its accurate. Rangers would be able to get up to 40% more XP than other classes from over the cap stuff due to XP penalty.

11% per kill is obviously a lot though. It looks like a ranger would get about 11% off of a level 40 kill at level 18.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

By all means if you are having fun you're winning EQ but killing exp capped mobs one at a time at a rate of 3-4 every hour while relying on buffs from other classes is not many people's version of fun

If you wanna extoll the virtues of a ranger there are other, more reasonable ways to do it, e.g. snare and track are often good enough reasons to include them in a duo with some other classes, as long as you can both swallow the shit pill known as the 40% exp penalty
Closed Thread