Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If that FP group couldn’t make it with a 23 warrior tanking, then they were pretty terrible. We had a 23 bard tanking that camp in leather and chain and it was one of the best groups I’ve been in on Teal. Had 2nd floor and bar on lockdown with constant pulls. This is classic, people take it way too seriously sometimes.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they're looking for overgeared people to carry them so they can be lazier.
Falls into that category, over-leveled being equivalent to overgeared in this case.

Danth
Old 11-09-2019, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took your advice and added him to ignore. I don't remember the guy's name but he was from Taken II.
Now there's a surprise.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

Five posts saying come to teal. They are so desperate for players. I really dislike this recruiting crap on this forum.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

Name and shame the guy for rolling a gnome warrior anyway.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:33 AM
Kobold

OP: In World of Warcraft you can be an ass in battlegrounds, parties and raids and not much changes in the world for a player. The thing that Everquest makes possible, that other MMORPGs might not, is make your reputation matter. It mattered more than any other game I've ever played. There are these social mechanics that evolve and one day that player might be LFG in your zone, might be looking to join the guild, might try to tag along on a raid, and a negative reputation sometimes follows a player and makes some of those things a little more difficult for them.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So honest mistake. Group leader or whomever invited should have just admitted to the mistake and apologized. No need to lie and criticize your gear, rather than just explaining the class make-up was a poor choice.
I'd prefer a guy who is upfront about his complaints (even if I disagree with them) than someone who backtracks and lies to cover his mistakes.

Once I notice these small lies it is hard for me to trust that person on anything again.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:50 PM
Banned

by not saying this players name the entire thread is pointless
Old 11-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in that group, knew nothing of this situation till afterward though. We had just lost our 30SK main tank to wife aggro. Im guessing gear was an excuse for realizing he fucked up in telling you to come in the first place...without the sk we suffered and fell apart soon after
Happy endings.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that FP group couldn’t make it with a 23 warrior tanking, then they were pretty terrible. We had a 23 bard tanking that camp in leather and chain and it was one of the best groups I’ve been in on Teal. Had 2nd floor and bar on lockdown with constant pulls. This is classic, people take it way too seriously sometimes.
I main tanked on blue as a bard 1-50 pre kunark but I did have fbss full lambent yaks etc and all kinds of other toys
Closed Thread