Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What are you more here for?
Fresh Start 51 60.71%
Classic 33 39.29%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I would draw the line at "fun".
Which is exactly what Daybreak has been trying to do for Twenty years. Turns out when you make too many things “fun” the game starts to “suck balls”.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turns out when you make too many things “fun” the game starts to “suck balls”.
Nice, this is hilarious, funny post!
Old 09-24-2019, 09:37 PM
Large Rat

Classic experience... never got the chance to play when it was current and new to everybody.

Nollen
Old 09-24-2019, 09:43 PM
Sarnak

I'm just confused as to why so many people play on a classic everquest server who don't actually like classic everquest.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Aviak

Most of us like Velious era Everquest. There's a reason it was the pinnacle. There were really no bad changes by that point that I can think of off the top of my head and all of the worst mistakes had been corrected. Velious mechanics with classic content and progression would be sweet
Old 09-24-2019, 09:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just confused as to why so many people play on a classic everquest server who don't actually like classic everquest.
Oh I can answer that! It's the population, stability, and single-boxing.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:01 PM
Large Rat

People and community was always made the early MMOS great. The game was built to require it.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is exactly what Daybreak has been trying to do for Twenty years. Turns out when you make too many things “fun” the game starts to “suck balls”.
The DayBreak TLP servers are a TOTALLY different game and they're not even trying and/or pretending to provide a "classic experience."

They don't even use the the old-style zones. Removing things like blind-book-medding and the Hybrid Class penalties wouldn't hurt the server. At MOST you'd see a buncha more Pally, SK and Ranger players - which is perfectly fine by me.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

80% fresh start
20% classic

i'm hyped to play through the early days of a new server with high population, a stable server, etc.

i wouldn't be hyped at all if this was a EQ Live server, or even a Daybreak TLP server, so that fresh hype can only work if it is classic.

however i do agree that some of the proposed fix are a bummer a little bit.
but... it's necessary, and any concessions they do is a dangerous line to cross and -as was pointed out- exactly what EQ live went through IRL 20 years ago.

on one hand i'd do some of the things differently if i was in charge.
on the other hand, it's a free country and i could be in charge if i woke up earlier in the morning.

their project their rules.
we have the option to participate or not, and to voice our opinion.
they have the option to listen to us or not, and to state their opinion.
i like it this way.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Classic. As in, no books, spires, bazaar, AA's, inflated gear, ridiculous ZEM zones, stupid lore like the Vah Shir; restoring original spell icons, spell book medding, original xp rates, mob locations and pathing and spawning, etc; all in favor of

The stuff that means nothing to actual gameplay, like old pseudo-UI's, pet window banning, bad lighting, no Luclin avatar option, that stuff gets no love. If something has zero or negligible impact on other players' game experience, imo, spend your efforts on other more material issues

Seriously, I have said this before, if your gonna do "classic" make earthquakes a real 6-18 hour server downtime like the patches were back in 1999 2000 and 2001, not an instant repop of all Norrath mobs. That would have a real impact on guild behavior, and mob availabilty, despite the obvious pain of the server downtime

At the end of the day, this is the devs' thing, whatever gets them through the day, more power to them, and thank you for your efforts
Last edited by Nilstoniakrath; 09-24-2019 at 11:44 PM..
Closed Thread