Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Fun to see us all use our various skill sets to pull Green together. Brings a tear to my eye.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah this has been a real fun few weeks.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Large Rat

I love this idea! Keep the good work up
Old 09-29-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Great news everyone!

This weekend I did a bunch of work and got the button pretty much finished!

With a lot of help and work form Wenai, we were able to adjust some font colors, we are still severely limited in what we are able to edit but with some small (but literally thousands of try/retries) I was able to get the buttons are looking pretty clean!

Here is a little update of the current build!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Check out this custom arrow for the spell book, the default one looks like it belongs in a cyberpunk game!

This was tough, I had to re-create a smaller version of the classic arrow to fit it in the area they had blocked out for it!:

What it used to look like:

What I changed it to!:

Pretty happy with that one haha, didn't think it would be so easy to fix!

Getting the textures to not look stretched out (because the client is stretching them like CRAZY! Was super hard. I did like 500 iterations of each button, adjusting one pixel, loading the game, adjusting another pixel loading the game... and only learned you could /reload the ui in game for the last quarter of my work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

I edited some of the XML to fix the stretching of textures the client does to fix the weird glitches you see with buttons stretching, you can see it in the default image map ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess Sony was like "whatever this is fine"):

Getting that out was a PITA!!! But now I got them all super clean!:

(added my discord message to this one for added effect lol it was such a bitch!)

Guys, what do you think?

Wenai is still going to work on font colors, his poor soul is buried in XML's (which I have discovered is literal hell as far as I am concerned)

In the future, maybe we can figure out how to get the correct font types, but that is out of our wheelhouse so far, but you never know what you'll find in like the 9,000,000,000,000 lines of code they used to make the UI for this game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(seriously, all of you devs that have worked on this game, wow I had no idea it was such a shit show in there, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart p99 is the best game!!!)
Old 09-29-2019, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the work you two. That's starting to look professional-quality. I was glad I could contribute in some tiny fashion. Having done a little image-editing myself I know all too well the pain of pixel-by-pixel modification.

Danth
Old 09-29-2019, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Danth you were a big help! Everyone in this thread was! If you posted a picture ITT, then there is a pixel you gave me somewhere in this UI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2019, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great news everyone!

This weekend I did a bunch of work and got the button pretty much finished!

With a lot of help and work form Wenai, we were able to adjust some font colors, we are still severely limited in what we are able to edit but with some small (but literally thousands of try/retries) I was able to get the buttons are looking pretty clean!

Here is a little update of the current build!

Check out this custom arrow for the spell book, the default one looks like it belongs in a cyberpunk game!

This was tough, I had to re-create a smaller version of the classic arrow to fit it in the area they had blocked out for it!:

Getting the textures to not look stretched out (because the client is stretching them like CRAZY! Was super hard. I did like 500 iterations of each button, adjusting one pixel, loading the game, adjusting another pixel loading the game... and only learned you could /reload the ui in game for the last quarter of my work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

I edited some of the XML to fix the stretching of textures the client does to fix the weird glitches you see with buttons stretching, you can see it in the default image map ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess Sony was like "whatever this is fine"):

Getting that out was a PITA!!! But now I got them all super clean!:

(added my discord message to this one for added effect lol it was such a bitch!)

Guys, what do you think?

Wenai is still going to work on font colors, his poor soul is buried in XML's (which I have discovered is literal hell as far as I am concerned)

In the future, maybe we can figure out how to get the correct font types, but that is out of our wheelhouse so far, but you never know what you'll find in like the 9,000,000,000,000 lines of code they used to make the UI for this game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(seriously, all of you devs that have worked on this game, wow I had no idea it was such a shit show in there, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart p99 is the best game!!!)
Old 09-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Banned

If R&N forced a /viewport that adjusted to a persons monitor resolution.. sorn or someone do up some artwork for the black spaces on the sides that incorporates the UI.

That polished marble/granite. Any chance on scroll paper chat boxes?

Last edited by Mblake81; 09-29-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Old 09-29-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys, what do you think?
Wow that looks super clean. Fantastic job! Keep pushing forwards I hope the staff accept and implement it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker_Mayhem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are some photos taken on my phone of my character on a private server EQ trilogy client.
Where can a guy log on a private eq trilogy client server?

Geez that's gold. Love that ui so much
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread