Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 09:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Post I can't change my UI

Hello, i've never played EverQuest before, this is my first time trying the game out.
I really love the aesthetic, ambience and sounds this game has, and i can't wait to progress further and learn more about it, but i'm having a really annoying issue and it's that my UI looks weird.

I've been looking at p99 tutorial videos and people usually have a fancier UI that is not transparent and messy like mine, and despite me trying to load other UIs nothing happens, not only that but i'm incapable of understanding how to bind my abilities, i try using number from 1 to 5 and so far only 1 works and it just toggles my auto attack on and off.

So i would really appreciate if anyone told me how to change my UI and how to set up my abilities correctly, thanks!

i'm also attaching an image of how terrible my UI looks.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2021, 01:29 AM
Large Rat

I can't speak about loading fancier UI's but as far as binding your abilities goes, if you look on the middle left side of your screen, you see the 2x3 box that has Melee Attack at the top left? Those six buttons correlate to 1-6 on your keyboard.

So far you have 1 as turn on/turn off auto attack, 2 is Bash, 3 is taunt, 4 is unused currently, 5 is Harm Touch and 6 is Ranged attack.

Send a tell in-game to Moll and I'll try and help further.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:00 PM
Large Bat

This is where I learned how to install and use different UI's
https://www.eqinterface.com/forums/f...ce#faq_install

I also think there are UI's that are specific for P99, however I haven't had the chance to hunt them down here.

Your hotbar buttons will need to be customized, you can setup action buttons and then assign them to the hotbar buttons by clicking them and holding them then dragging to the button you want...pretty sure anyways.

This video would be good for you to watch, just someone setting up everything from scratch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQmcHgxO2I
Old 01-26-2021, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Green server does not allow custom UIs. I think blue does (I don't know for sure though as I haven't played there).

Press alt+o to open the options menu and you can change your keybinds there. Be aware that not everything listed there will actually work on Green as Green is trying to mimick early days of EQ. For example, you can't toggle through nearest enemies on Green which can be very annoying, especially if you're an enchanter.

For now you can only create new windows by right clicking in the chat area of your current box. You can then right click again and filter which messages go where. Also do /chatfontsize # (where the # is 1-5) to change the size.
Closed Thread