Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

You can also shift the viewport around and stuff.

Its kind of a huge pain in the ballz setting up the game is hard especially hard on serves where duxa ui is not allowed and you have to go about fixing every single window of the forced UI
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:57 AM
Large Bat

Bynard, the Wizard I started is punishing to play as.
As a lv.5 Bertoxxulous Gnome, I have been slaughtered many a time by NPC's in city's and towns.
I took a journey to East Freeport, from the docks I stepped into the tavern and I get KOS'd by a random NPC in there. I think the name was Talyn.
I am afraid to leave the docks, all I want to do at this moment is to make it to the Eastern Common Lands to level up a little bit and sell some wares.

I found the tunnel system to make my way to the Western side of Freeport. However I was instantly killed by the drowned citizens down in the sewers trying to make my way through that one roundabout.

Any suggestions on where I should go? I am bound in G.Fay, every time I die I have to make the long trek back to Freeport area. Once I get my corpse, should I just ask for an invis?

Not sure how long I can take this wizard business.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bynard, the Wizard I started is punishing to play as.
As a lv.5 Bertoxxulous Gnome, I have been slaughtered many a time by NPC's in city's and towns.
I took a journey to East Freeport, from the docks I stepped into the tavern and I get KOS'd by a random NPC in there. I think the name was Talyn.
I am afraid to leave the docks, all I want to do at this moment is to make it to the Eastern Common Lands to level up a little bit and sell some wares.

I found the tunnel system to make my way to the Western side of Freeport. However I was instantly killed by the drowned citizens down in the sewers trying to make my way through that one roundabout.

Any suggestions on where I should go? I am bound in G.Fay, every time I die I have to make the long trek back to Freeport area. Once I get my corpse, should I just ask for an invis?

Not sure how long I can take this wizard business.

why dont u just get somebody to bind u in freeport?

-Donald Trump
Old 02-04-2021, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

For the most part, all your deity does in EQ is hurt you, hence you should almost always pick agnostic if you can. a couple treks from fay to freeport you could have probably leveled up another wizard to 5, ideally one that did not pick an evil god.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:28 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why dont u just get somebody to bind u in freeport?
Trying that, haven't heard back from anyone willing to do it. I try anytime I see anyone in this zone lol
Old 02-05-2021, 12:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

IMHO, if you're going to re-roll anyway, consider a class that's more representative of what makes EQ so great: enchanter or bard for example, maybe druid or shaman. EQ is unparalleled with respect to how interesting and impactful support classes are.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:18 AM
Large Bat

A kind soul Bound me in West Freeport. I got my corpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dinged lv.6
Eradune: I was thinking about that, maybe starting a Bard since I've never played one. Druid would be cool too.
Closed Thread