Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 09:57 AM
Aviak

Went last night with a couple druids to gather up a couple keys...nothing but frogloks and skeletons running around. We were rolling with druid track so we were there a while and were all over the place. Interesting observation.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have evidence of animals being more prevalent on live in this era, please make a thread in the bug forum. I think you're probably on to something, but the devs won't make changes without evidence, so I'd look for old screenshots or forum posts that document what you're talking about.
It was already a pretty high level camp and most people didn't know to farm there, those that did didn't share their secrets.

No one knew it'd be broken years later on an emulator and took evidence. No one had that kind of hindsight.

People mostly ran through to get to seb.

It's not a great zone for regular hunting. I doubt there's much in the way of anything. Even standing around in the middle of the zone to take shots would be very dangerous in the real under-geared classic days with no jboots.

I don't know at what point anecdotes become data, my brother and I farmed this on live many expansions post pop. Never saw the mobs fight and it was teeming with vines and tigers and chickens.

Just logically why would you have a huge spawn table just for everything to get wiped out, it's not like the courier where it's a balance issue and it's supposed to be hard to get. What is the point of having a variety of animals and having them insta killed. It doesn't make any sense to make a cockatrice that drops nothing a rare spawn...
Old 05-18-2020, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesstone714 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went last night with a couple druids to gather up a couple keys...nothing but frogloks and skeletons running around. We were rolling with druid track so we were there a while and were all over the place. Interesting observation.
The skeletons and frogs don't attack each other, which is retarded because undead attack every player relentlessly.

I don't know if skeletons attack the animals never seen it either way but the frogs gradually replace all animals with other frogs or skeletons.

When you look on old Alla posts there's not a single mention of animals fighting frogs at all.

But there are multiple references implying the frogs/cats/vines/dinos are equally prevelant. They talk about finding cats easily and stuff which just isn't the case here.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you look on old Alla posts there's not a single mention of animals fighting frogs at all.

But there are multiple references implying the frogs/cats/vines/dinos are equally prevelant. They talk about finding cats easily and stuff which just isn't the case here.
This is what you need to post in a bug thread. The actual old posts / evidence. Devs rarely (never?) change things based on anecdotes from current players.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've posted before about wanting to do forager cycle with my bro, generally got told we were under levelled.

I got more levels and some more gear.

We tried the night before last and got owned.
56 warr and 45 bard. The skeltons dot's are fucking insane, embarrising that they are light blue and two of them with pets killed us. Never had problems with them on previous attempts which is weird, think there were less of them up.

There's basically three big problems here which again, have been discussed on the forum before.

1. Casters are broken on P99 they have their full spellbook rather than a few levels below their levels like normal.
2. Pathing is different.
3. The frogs attack every animal completly wiping them out.

Now yes token acknowledgment "this is a free game run by volunteers" but they did an entire other expansion before fixing this zone, I'm not questioning their work ethic or asking them to work more, just questioning the order of priorities.

The other reason they haven't changed it is they are reluctant to change things without smoking gun proof. But it's hard to prove the absence of somthing.

No one would have talked about frogs killing raptors if they didn't do it....

Also because casters are OP and roaming is broken, they wipe them out more easily.

There are basically no animals in TT and this is 100% NOT classic. So this is a total justifaction for doing ANYTHING that does the whole "not classic change to maintain the classic environment" which they are reluctant to do generally but something is needed here.

Because they wipe out all the other animals the place is filled with overpowered frogs, making it impossible for anything but max level chars to have any luck it's maddening.

INB4 get gud, yeah we got killed 3 times and I'm salty but this zone is fucked and I'm sick of it.

Some questions:

1. does anyone know what frogloks of kunark start out on faction wise?
a)Can the faction neck clicky bring you to dubious?
b)Can enchanters or bards get to dubious?
c) can neck and bards get to dubious?
2. Has anyone tried doing forager cycle with a non kos to frogs character? That seems a game breaking thing no one might have tried. Ironically working even better in this zone if it's all frogs.

2. Does anyone know the optimum spot in zone as a base, to do forager cycle?

3. Is every mob a PH for everything else? is it possible to have clear the zone of frogloks gradually and replace them with animals/the fallen iksars/weakest warrior frogs? Please spill your forager cycle secrets to me.
Gotta learn to cure and dispel

You may have also done better having the druid wear appropriate resist gear for poison/disease, keeping a top slot open to dispel and a clicky item to reset your buff stack while aggro kiting and the warrior chasing

People say this is a simple, stupid faceroll game then run into a small man group scenario and are forced to overcome things like this in a clever way

Tag me in sometime if the druid doesn't mind and I'll show you what's up
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-19-2020 at 01:31 PM..
Old 05-19-2020, 02:22 PM
Banned

This camp just isn't worth it for anyone who's not a level 60 bard doing it solo. Harbinger and Crusader each probably have a 0.5% to 1.0% chance to spawn each kill. That means 100-200 kills expected before you see each of them.

If you're pulling the forager all the way to a zoneline or the east side of the lake, it's taking too long. If you have to med up between kills, it's taking too long. If you're not damaging it the entire time it's engaged, you're taking too long. If you aren't running at bard speed to locate and engage the PH it's taking way too long.

A 60 bard can kill about 22 PHs per hour at max efficiency... any other class or combination of classes is doing maybe half of that. Add to that the fact that you have to split the loot with any group members, and your expected payout is on the order of low hundreds of platinum per hour if you're not a solo 60 bard.

It sucks, but it's the truth. I cringe every time I see a 52 druid spamming drones of doom on the PH.
Last edited by indiscriminate_hater; 05-19-2020 at 02:24 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

A 52 druid is making xp with a chance for loots. I don’t think that is so cringe. I did a fair amount of 55-60 on my ranger with this cycle too.

A 60 bard will be doing this only for the plat, and if that is the case then just team up with a wizard to sell fast AoE PLs on spiders or something instead?
Old 05-20-2020, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This camp just isn't worth it for anyone who's not a level 60 bard doing it solo. Harbinger and Crusader each probably have a 0.5% to 1.0% chance to spawn each kill. That means 100-200 kills expected before you see each of them.

If you're pulling the forager all the way to a zoneline or the east side of the lake, it's taking too long. If you have to med up between kills, it's taking too long. If you're not damaging it the entire time it's engaged, you're taking too long. If you aren't running at bard speed to locate and engage the PH it's taking way too long.

A 60 bard can kill about 22 PHs per hour at max efficiency... any other class or combination of classes is doing maybe half of that. Add to that the fact that you have to split the loot with any group members, and your expected payout is on the order of low hundreds of platinum per hour if you're not a solo 60 bard.

It sucks, but it's the truth. I cringe every time I see a 52 druid spamming drones of doom on the PH.
Thanks, I hate levelling but I guess it's an either or situation at this point ain't it?
Closed Thread