Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Good Solo Spots for 25?

I've been grinding at KFC for awhile now. Checked out Rathe Mountains and tried the Drakes, but there didn't seem to be a lot of Ebon Drake spawns and the Basalt Drakes seem to have a ton of HP.

KFC is decent, but with Darters and Egrets greened out, and half the Harriers being a white con to me (not to mention the Avocets), it can be tough to find consistent spawns to kill there. I'm basically hoping for Rooks or blue con Harriers, which aren't extremely infrequent but also not frequent enough to be a very efficient spot at 25.

I could still do crag spiders in EK I think, but starting to outpace them so the EXP is slowing down a lot.

Are the SK Centaurs a good option? It seems like I will have a similar issue there but maybe I'm wrong. Checked out Runnyeye out of curiosity, but definitely too dangerous to solo in there given the layout.

I don't feel like waiting on lists in the high ZEM zones and I'm usually semi-AFK so I've been focusing on solo spots for the past few levels.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:42 PM
Large Bat

What class are you?

You should try the drake spot again if you are one of the good solo classes. There is one basalt drake, two ebon drakes, and one "a drake". They all have fixed spawn points, so learn the spots. Usually more than enough mobs to fill the 6:40 respawn window, and the money is really good: usually 1-2 plat per in coin and items.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommerbr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What class are you?

You should try the drake spot again if you are one of the good solo classes. There is one basalt drake, two ebon drakes, and one "a drake". They all have fixed spawn points, so learn the spots. Usually more than enough mobs to fill the 6:40 respawn window, and the money is really good: usually 1-2 plat per in coin and items.
This is on my Enchanter alt that I've finally decided to start putting time into. I've been Charm killing here and there, but mostly just using my animation as I find I use less mana doing 50% damage to a mob and letting pet kill it (and doing that for 2 mobs) than I do for Charm killing two mobs. Been waiting for C to start Charm killing more.

Anyway, at the drakes, the "drake" was white to me; so it's doable but will probably take all my mana (or most of it) for the kill since I will need to slow/haste, nuke more, etc. The Basalt Drake seemed to have a lot more HP than the Ebon Drakes and therefore really ate up mana to do 50% damage (so it's not too efficient to kill it); by contrast, the Ebon Drakes I can usually do 50%+ damage with only using like two bars of mana on average. So I kill the two Ebon Drakes, but I can usually med back all that mana before they respawn and I'm sitting there for like 2 minutes doing nothing.

Reading that again, I guess it sounds like I'm being a whiny min/maxer which I don't mean to be. Just would rather be killing during those two extra minutes per cycle heh. So I guess what I need is someplace where I can consistently find 3 blue cons that aren't almost green?
Old 02-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Large Bat

Definitely hear you on the high blue and white mobs; the time efficiency just isn't there. I wasn't able to find a spot that was more consistent than the drakes.

I did the two ebons until they turned green, and then did the basalt + "a drake" until they turned green and it was awesome.

It really depends on if you are the type of soloer who likes to kill two mobs, set an egg timer, and the repeat. Also worth noting that that valley has no aggressive mobs if you haven't ruined your Lizardmen faction. It's 100% safe to AFK there.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I guess what I need is someplace where I can consistently find 3 blue cons that aren't almost green?
This is the dream for most levels as any soloer
Old 02-18-2020, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the dream for most levels as any soloer
Yeah for sure lol. Generally I can find that in most places, just feels like at 25 there's not a ton and maybe I need to grind out a couple levels to get back to having options like that.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:51 PM
Large Bat

i did the ogre guards in WK from 26-29. Usually the shamans/chief are camped, but they don't usually care about the guards. Also they drop bronze which can be nice. Its def slow, but chill. BTW, what does KFC stand for?
Old 02-18-2020, 01:57 PM
Kobold

hermit in SK is probably best solo xp u can get
Old 02-18-2020, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hermit in SK is probably best solo xp u can get
Yeah he hits freaking hard though. Plus he nukes. Caster mobs are always tough for soloing.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubyen13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW, what does KFC stand for?
KFC = aviak tower. It's a building full of chicken(s) so KFC.

-Mcoy
Closed Thread