Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Avoid sebilis until you need trak to be honest, go level in the hole...
Old 05-09-2020, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If what you say is true, you or someone should post in-era evidence and get it changed.
What in era evidence? How do you prove a negative? Do you really believe that NOBODY would have mentioned the frogs wiping out every animal spawn in the zone? Depending your path, the trakasaurs were far more of a menace than the frogs. Here there are only frogs. Casters are broken (they were often rough on live, but not in the same every f--king time they agro way they are here), there're no animals for druids to charm to fight back with. TT is an anti-classic joke.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't crowd my plat farming, go somewhere else...
ftfy
Old 05-09-2020, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What in era evidence? How do you prove a negative? Do you really believe that NOBODY would have mentioned the frogs wiping out every animal spawn in the zone? Depending your path, the trakasaurs were far more of a menace than the frogs. Here there are only frogs. Casters are broken (they were often rough on live, but not in the same every f--king time they agro way they are here), there're no animals for druids to charm to fight back with. TT is an anti-classic joke.
Even an anecdotal description written during that era would probably be enough to convince devs here to make an adjustment. I never even saw that zone on Live on my level 23 beastlord, but perhaps there's a Wayback Machine page or someone's homemade EQ fan site or something where they describe charming one of the numerous animals in TT and soloing the hunter/forager cycle np. Lots of old write-ups are out there. Maybe we'll get lucky.

My main point is, the hunter/forager cycle is doable if he gets more levels and a friend with IVU. Let's keep it fun, folks.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even an anecdotal description written during that era would probably be enough to convince devs here to make an adjustment. I never even saw that zone on Live on my level 23 beastlord, but perhaps there's a Wayback Machine page or someone's homemade EQ fan site or something where they describe charming one of the numerous animals in TT and soloing the hunter/forager cycle np. Lots of old write-ups are out there. Maybe we'll get lucky.

My main point is, the hunter/forager cycle is doable if he gets more levels and a friend with IVU. Let's keep it fun, folks.
Not it wouldn't there have been several threads on this subject offering their anecdotes GM's haven't done anything so far.

There are a million animals on the spawn table and they are never up. I used to see tonnes of chickens and raptors, occasional tiger.

The frogs aren't meant to attack and shouldn't be winning as easily.

People are right, the warrior is useless even if he gets to 60, 52 bard won't lose the aggro till 55 apparently but I don't want him above 52.

I don't have a cleric friend on speed dial and tbh it'd mean 33% of not getting the already rare loot each time.

It sounds like it's just not a go-er probably only because of the zones horiffically broken state. Shame a couple of BP's is almost do-able. Oh well.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Avoid sebilis until you need trak to be honest, go level in the hole...
Don't wanna lose my non KOS to elementals racial innate status.
Even though it's useless. I guess I'm like 1% a roleplayer.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

By the time the bard reaches a decent level you can grind a necro to 51. That will be many times better than the warrior anyways. In fact, I’m not sure of a worse class combo for this unless you have a fungi and some crazy weapons. Even then a pally/sk with the same gear would be much better.

Yea traks teeth is prob not perfectly classic. It was never “easy”. The forager is lvl 45 and the lower level shams tossing blind and roots are terrible. Nice you have a cleric on call but you will never kill enough PH’s for this farm to make sense (at current) unless you get extremely lucky.

The bard also should invest in sow pots. That would leave ease of snare/mez/fear and being able to invis on the pull to hopefully reduce adds.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Unfortunately, your bard just needs more levels to do the cycles easily. No need to mess around with faction; once you get a few more levels, you can just run around with travel song, and rarely will anything aggro. The hunters/foragers do not social with the other frogs, so you can usually solo pull them to a safe place to fear kite (east or west side of the lake is usually nice).
Old 05-09-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If what you say is true, you or someone should post in-era evidence and get it changed.
For the bit about unclassic spells specifically ... there are some things here that just can't be fixed, or that Nilbog just doesn't want to fix (from our perspective as players the two might as well be the same).

NPCs using unclassic spells has been wrong since I started playing here over half a decade ago. I think I naively even filed a bug on it once, many years ago ... and nothing has happened since. I highly doubt any amount of evidence will fix it, because I don't think the core problem is lack of evidence: it's either an inability or unwillingness (again, hard to know which) on the devs' part.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:15 AM
Aviak

I truly had no idea there were mobs other than frogs that were supposed to wander TT.
Closed Thread