Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default I was Inspired by an OG pvper to write up a cool post about red.

Quote:
Judge: what reasons you play for
Nostalgia. Bantering and chatting with people. Mindfulness. Interaction with the community.

Sometimes I will explore a bit of the old world zones I never really got familiar with. Like Solusek B. Naggies lair. Splitpaw. Guk. Mm.

Had a solid group in splitpaw last week we killed the boss gnoll. I got that skull of Jhentra ruby pendant. Then got the hollowed skull from WK. Need to kill lynuga now and I got a +5mr primary good for a newbie caster.

Like buffing newbies and helping them fight and survive twinks in like unrest, cb.

I haven't explored dalnir, Kaeasora much.

Only been in seb 3x. Hate twice in classic.

Want to do some pottery, tradeskills, explore crystal Caverns, maybe velks.

Make friends with the dragons.

Most of all when I'm in a group and someone tries to PK us and my heals save us and the pk dies and has to zone. That's the best lol.

RoZ is a fine server im sure thumbsup. But its not the classic EQ I want to enjoy at a nice pace. Don't want to have to relevel. Twink. Or box to get stuff done. And don't really care for extremely competitive unclassic "fair and balanced" pvp or arena style death matches. Or 1v1 honor duels. It's why I'm ok with classic EQ. But I still appreciate what pvp brings to the game and find that pvp players are a heck of a lot funner than hardcore blue poopsockers and lawyers. Red has some of those too. But reds versions, reds villains are still better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's why I play old EQ and not wow arena matches or quake. I used to really enjoy vanilla nuke fights in EQ and would again. Hence my desire for a vanilla kunark pvp server. But I am also happy to have velious content. I'll eventually want to explore more of ToFS. Next thing I do will probably be to farm a crystallized shadow tunic for my clr. Wis, cha, sv mr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Point is I guess is that EQ is deeper than just "owning" newbs. Red99 is mature and fun for ppl like me. Maybe it'll still be here when I'm ready to truly delve into sirens grotto with a few trusted pals! ❤
Old 01-02-2021, 10:54 PM
Banned

I love EQ and I hope I always love EQ pvp.

Everquest doesn't seem like it should make sense to be a fun game. You would think it would be WOW. But I think when God created the world he decided that EQ should be the best. So we just all believe its the best and are pumped with heroine while we play. Because we need a game we can at least play while semi-partying.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.SaxonAlex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love EQ and I hope I always love EQ pvp.

Everquest doesn't seem like it should make sense to be a fun game. You would think it would be WOW. But I think when God created the world he decided that EQ should be the best. So we just all believe its the best and are pumped with heroine while we play. Because we need a game we can at least play while semi-partying.
Thanks! I agree 👍.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Banned

You know you can take up pottery in real life and if you succeed you actually make something, instead of putting imaginary clay inside a container and clicking combine and failing at life even more
Old 01-03-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know you can take up pottery in real life and if you succeed you actually make something, instead of putting imaginary clay inside a container and clicking combine and failing at life even more
I agree.

I was laying awake last night thinking this same exact thing.

I thought it'd be so cool to have some pottery on etsy too.

Pottery looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

I would pm u horrific deets about awful stuff but I really don't want your criticism. Or you to weaponize it against me. Or someone else. Or to try to help too much. I don't need it, I'm fine.

You're a super smart guy/girl/person/whatever. And I appreciate you for you.

Never change. And god bless you Mario, I really do care for you too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I ever do pottery IRL I am going to so do something EQ themed and post it here.

I made a porcelain bald eagle once it was cool.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-03-2021 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-03-2021, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Plz make barbarian warrior from the box art combining the prominent features from
Both vanilla and Kunark artwork.

Never mind I gotta hire a level 60 expert crafts person for perfect details
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plz make barbarian warrior from the box art combining the prominent features from
Both vanilla and Kunark artwork.

Never mind I gotta hire a level 60 expert crafts person for perfect details
This is a fun sounding project. Would definitely do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Free of charge.

Why not have both?
Old 01-03-2021, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Rise of zek was fun classic through kunark. My only problem is they listen to the players to much and switch shit up. I played for a few months, but they definitely put in some good work on that server. They're just stuck in a hard spot because most people hate boxing, but they dont have the player base to not have boxing.

I would love to see the guys on roz work with nilbog and put out a server with the project 1999 tag on it. DO IT!
Old 01-03-2021, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rise of zek was fun classic through kunark. My only problem is they listen to the players to much and switch shit up. I played for a few months, but they definitely put in some good work on that server. They're just stuck in a hard spot because most people hate boxing, but they dont have the player base to not have boxing.

I would love to see the guys on roz work with nilbog and put out a server with the project 1999 tag on it. DO IT!
Yeah. It'd be badass indeed. 😎
Old 01-03-2021, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Dream. But I think p1999 is really protective of the custom code.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread