Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I remember two years ago thinking of velious release and how awesome this quest was. I then immediately thought of how terrible the bitching/moaning/petition quest would be.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:49 PM
Banned

typical BDA victim blaming
Old 09-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

How about this, I propose a cease-fire on spawn standing for scout. Let's give that a try to see what happens. I can guarantee that no BDA members will be standing on the spawn point. I would like to see promises from other guilds of the same.

Let's make a reasonably sized ring around the spawn point and actually compete based on best ping. Right now it's beyond stupid.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 09-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Kobold

This is besides the point. As I mentioned, ALL guilds are guilty. The point was to try and come up with a solitution to all the tomfoolery.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Summoning pets on ragefire was used to combat auto-fire clickers. GM approved tactic. Champions of the people they were.

Ring of people standing around never works, as the inch ever closer and closer to the spawn point. Might as well be standing on it.

Better non-classic fix is make it an ogre model.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Whats wrong with a randoff? Making everyone click just encourages autofire/hacking/other nastiness.

Everyone there 5 minutes before she spawns (or she goes in window? not sure how she works spawnwise) does a /rand 1000. People try to jump it get petitioned.

I never understood why the rules of this server force people to sock so much (while at the same time saying they don't want socking).

Is it just a staffing issue? If so I'll be putting in a guide app.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:13 PM
Kobold

I think rolling is worth a try. Maybe 1 representative from each guild so we don't have 1000 numbers to sift through. Even if someone was unguided they would need a force to kill it. We would be able to tell if they were trying cheat by detagging.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats wrong with a randoff? Making everyone click just encourages autofire/hacking/other nastiness.

Everyone there 5 minutes before she spawns (or she goes in window? not sure how she works spawnwise) does a /rand 1000. People try to jump it get petitioned.

I never understood why the rules of this server force people to sock so much (while at the same time saying they don't want socking).

Is it just a staffing issue? If so I'll be putting in a guide app.
Well a few things.

1. If there's a random, anyone with amiable faction can show up and random. You're talking about 100~ people potentially. That makes this quest suck a lot. People will also come back day after day. You can show up 100 days and continue losing the random. Whether you view that as an issue or not is up to you.

2. There is almost no poopsocking involved, that's why this is a fantastic quest. You show up 2-3 minutes before the spawn. If you lose, you can come back again next spawn. You aren't forced to sit there for 8 hours straight to try and get the mob. It's a known spawn and no one wastes their time sitting there 24/7. This is one of the best qualities of the quest, it's a quick in and out no staring at a wall for hours. 2-3 minutes and you're done.

3. Staff won't enforce this as it's more work for them. Which comes down to player enforcement. Which has worked thus far on Coldain Ring but again that has a higher barrier to entry. You need to do 7 quests first. Anyone with amiable faction can do this and the consequence of failure is nothing. Leading to a lot more people as mentioned in #1 and therefore more chance for a dumb person to turn in even when they lost the roll.

@Juvento, I'm sure Taken can get behind a no standing on spawn agreement. The problem is if anyone breaks this then everyone has to break it to have a shot. So it needs to be followed 100% by all attendees. If that can be done, glorious.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Roll red today!
Old 09-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Aviak

But if Stormfeather is a camp now, why can't this be one too?!
Closed Thread