Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you canni dance ala Shammy you increase your mana regen by 20 on top of your sitting mana regen - nothing to be sniffed at. So no it's not a waste on necros, don't listen to the naysayers they dont understand.
I definitely understand how it might be useful for short-term medding situations, but the 20 extra mana comes at the cost of 60 extra hps. My only point is that it doesn't seem like a sustainable way to regen mana. With a VP staff and Elder Beads, though, it sounds pretty great.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He knows. He is just always talking about the timeline.

From March 1999 - January 2001 when snare stack change goes in, VP Staff is above Necro epic. After that point it becomes more open to debate.
You know me <3.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Robe canni dance x12 (720 hp lost, 240 mana gained), -3 med ticks for casting soul well and elder beads(-60 mana). If you want to get real gritty you will be casting soul well more because you're trying to heal demi lich hp drain at the same time. You DO gain a lot more mana but unless you have someone healing you it's very tedious and inefficient to be robe clicking without a great need for it.

Now, if you have a torpor shaman or druid with bp regen or a cleric hosh stick healing you, you get much more efficient.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely understand how it might be useful for short-term medding situations, but the 20 extra mana comes at the cost of 60 extra hps. My only point is that it doesn't seem like a sustainable way to regen mana. With a VP staff and Elder Beads, though, it sounds pretty great.
Depends on the situation for sure. I wouldnt say using it in conjunction with beads is efficeint, but; having a healer, especially torpor shammy, in the necro group on raids speeds things up while we keep our limited clerics mana up speeding up the raid.

Or when soloing I personally use vexing reasonably frequentlyl, especially in a place like HS where I like to keep my HP as high as possible for those scary situations, so being able to use up the surplus 'healing' for mana is fantastic.

I spose ultimately it is a toy, but really no more a toy than on any of the other int classes.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

I used to have a manastone on Yoite. It wasn't much use other than being able to spam nuke on large HP targets during a raid. I think it saved me one time when i didn't have enough mana to FD or gate. I ended up selling it. Lich is more than enough mana.