Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ldungeon&hl=en

P.S. I keep checking back every 3 or 6 months to see if there's any word of a wipe. Every time I am disappoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do the same thing. God damn it red, I can't just leave well enough alone.

A few weeks ago I proposed to my gf, I texted friends and family the news afterwards and my brother responded with "pras", this place makes you ABSOLUTELY SICK.

Yet here I am, coming back to see if the server is worth a shit again.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea that was probably the timeline until daybreak said no
Daybreak has a non-compete clause they made Rogean sign.

They can't release anything without Daybreak's consent, or else there would be potential trouble for the whole project.

Anything that plays on nostalgia like Discord/Teams/New Servers is a threat to their bottom line. They consider the current project to be old enough that the people engaged in it have played it out, and/or are druggie diehards. Basically no money in them, so the project can remain as is.

Its stating the obvious, but most people haven't accepted it yet as real life.

Will they throw Rogean a bone and let him open Discord at least? Probably some day. Its a minority server and doesn't compete with any of Daybreak's planned offerings. But the fact they have stopped it on account of Phinigel's release says Daybreak isn't taking any chances.

Its possible the project could be frozen for the next 10 years as Beastagoog suggests. Again, stopping the Discord rollout speaks to how tense Daybreak is about this. Discord doesn't technically compete directly with modern Daybreak offerings.

It was a bittersweet agreement. Some benefits, some negatives.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-07-2017 at 08:08 PM..
Old 03-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

I never play mobile games I think they're for women and children.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Retticus

Was hoping pudge was looking for powder in a new area code
Old 03-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak has a non-compete clause they made Rogean sign.

They can't release anything without Daybreak's consent, or else there would be potential trouble for the whole project.

Anything that plays on nostalgia like Discord/Teams/New Servers is a threat to their bottom line. They consider the current project to be old enough that the people engaged in it have played it out, and/or are druggie diehards. Basically no money in them, so the project can remain as is.

Its stating the obvious, but most people haven't accepted it yet as real life.

Will they throw Rogean a bone and let him open Discord at least? Probably some day. Its a minority server and doesn't compete with any of Daybreak's planned offerings. But the fact they have stopped it on account of Phinigel's release says Daybreak isn't taking any chances.

Its possible the project could be frozen for the next 10 years as Beastagoog suggests. Again, stopping the Discord rollout speaks to how tense Daybreak is about this. Discord doesn't technically compete directly with modern Daybreak offerings.

It was a bittersweet agreement. Some benefits, some negatives.
correct
Old 03-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Do you think Daybreak would include an NDA with the non-compete clause? As far as I am aware Rogean & co haven't even commented on why discord ceased development so abruptly and without mention, or am I wrong?
Closed Thread