Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Default EQ Nerd Help - Hide/Sneak!

Been chatting with a friend about how hide/sneak works on P99 vs Live vs another eqemu server in Sebilis. Curious if anyone is intimately familiar with this from Kunark on live and can confirm or deny how this functioned.

So my memory is that on live you could hide/sneak through Sebilis however you had to actively make use of sneak. Meaning that some mobs would see through sneak/hide but you could sneak behind them to not aggro. This made for the ability to safely sneak around but you had to pay attention or you would end up dead.

Friend is saying this is not the case and that sneak/hide should be effectively 100% invis for Sebilis.

I found some notes on The Safehouse that seem to go along with what I remember but unfortunately they are from '04 so a bit newer than live Kunark and who knows how things may have changed in between.

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...ery-in-sebilis

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Not even Trakanon himself can see you
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 07-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

There were times when Trakanon and even juggs could see stealth throughout P99's history. Currently not many things can see invis:
Ice Giants / Fire giants in Permafrost / Solb
Bats in solb
Dogs in Chardok
Goos in Charasis
Bosses in NToV
.. and I'm sure some more.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

I know that is how it is currently with regard to nothing seeing you in Sebilis. I am curious if this is actually classic or just what was decided on for lack of something proving otherwise?
Old 07-04-2019, 05:58 AM
Planar Protector

Back when my rogue first got into sebilis around 2015? Stuff in sebilis could see through hide. At the time the majority of players said it shouldn't be that way and it was changed so nothing in sebilis sees through hide/sneak. Idk how it was on live for sure because I never got to seb on live. I do know the p99 devs do their research so I'm sure they made the change based on evidence. I'm thinking maybe early kunark release they made it so stuff in seb could see through hide, then changed it so nothing could just before velious launch, then changed it back so some mobs could see through hide after the luclin launch.

Since were stuck forever in velious era the rogues get the better end of the deal.

Long story short...choose a Rogue! Best dps and can make sebilis their playground!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-04-2019, 06:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back when my rogue first got into sebilis around 2015? Stuff in sebilis could see through hide. At the time the majority of players said it shouldn't be that way and it was changed so nothing in sebilis sees through hide/sneak. Idk how it was on live for sure because I never got to seb on live. I do know the p99 devs do their research so I'm sure they made the change based on evidence. I'm thinking maybe early kunark release they made it so stuff in seb could see through hide, then changed it so nothing could just before velious launch, then changed it back so some mobs could see through hide after the luclin launch.

Since were stuck forever in velious era the rogues get the better end of the deal.

Long story short...choose a Rogue! Best dps and can make sebilis their playground!
What's with some of the knights in Seb seeing through invis? Are the shamans giving them see invis?
Closed Thread