Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

So take note other long running guilds, you can lose your identity at any time on a whim. I know DB is not being led by the founder, is Kittens? How would you dudes take it if some rando came around after eighteen months of ghosting and forced a name change on you because he made the guild again on live or P2002 and doesn't like you anymore. Could the original founder of Dial a Port come ruin their branding and marketing on a whim now?

Wacky ass server rule GM's but its your box.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol is this really the reason? Has something changed where people from TAKP are getting confused with p99 players? Lol nobody thinks of Nemce as p99 AG guild leader as he hasn’t played there for years. Pretty sure if you start a company, then transfer leadership, you don’t get to come back years later and say you don’t like how successful they’ve been and change the name of the company.

But hey, it’s P99, so I guess you can right? Lol
The Wilponz brothers tried doing that to Steve Cohen when they first proposed the sale of the Mets to him. "Yea, we'll sell you the team, but we still get to make decisions." Then he walked away and they realized that in no reasonable world is that an acceptable arrangement.

However, this is not RL. This is just elf pixels. So that kind of thing flies, I guess. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So take note other long running guilds, you can lose your identity at any time on a whim. I know DB is not being led by the founder, is Kittens? How would you dudes take it if some rando came around after eighteen months of ghosting and forced a name change on you because he made the guild again on live or P2002 and doesn't like you anymore. Could the original founder of Dial a Port come ruin their branding and marketing on a whim now?

Wacky ass server rule GM's but its your box.
Allio is, technically, still in DB but i don't think he really plays anymore. But, by this logic, yea, Allio could decide that he doesn't like the direction DB is going in and tell the GMs that Ponder needs to start a new guild that isn't DB. Can't imagine that happening, though, since Allio is a really good guy and wouldn't pull this crap.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what's also simple? Minding your own business on TAKP, lol.
Yikes. Maybe you should go back to Dawn Believers.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

If i created something great, died, and some assholes ruined my legacy I'd totally come back and haunt the degenerates.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-01-2020, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allio is, technically, still in DB but i don't think he really plays anymore. But, by this logic, yea, Allio could decide that he doesn't like the direction DB is going in and tell the GMs that Ponder needs to start a new guild that isn't DB. Can't imagine that happening, though, since Allio is a really good guy and wouldn't pull this crap.
All I heard for years was how great of a guy Nemce was..... Just saying
Old 11-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Kobold

10/10 best thread in months
Old 11-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I heard for years was how great of a guy Nemce was..... Just saying
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 11-01-2020, 12:36 PM
Aviak

"During that time he told me that there were more raid petitions in that 6 months on AG than the entire 6 years i was leading." Might be b/c the zerg guild dealt in petition quest. The world changed. Doesn't mean AG were cheating. Once certain ppl realized they could gain pixels and concessions!! via lawyerquesting, the rules changed.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:37 PM
Aviak

And once AG decided to Lquest back in response, instead of simply conceding, this ban happened. The bullied kid finally hit back and the teacher put 'em both in the corner. Fun stuff.
Closed Thread