Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed. But raises interesting questions on what to base decisions on the while data is still being gathered. well the mask wearers in the experiment you linked did catch less covid... could have been chance .again with binary thinking. It’s mitigation not prevention.

Also don’t forget masks are primarily to prevent transmission to others, not protect the self. The study should have compared the how these 90ish participants with c19 spread it to those close to them. That would be the interesting finding.
I hear what you are saying, and I wouldn't say that a mask does not have situational effectiveness. If I were to walk around a nursing home with immune compromised residents I'd wear one. In general public I don't think it's necessary to wear one. I think the data from Sweden overwhelmingly points to this.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Its the bit where god dies so people can luve without the burden of sin.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine how bummed this generation is going to be in 30 years when they realize that none of the things they were afraid of were any different than any other generations fears and none of the promise of eternity would come in the form of science and aliens, the same as it never did for any of the other generations.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by valithteezee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear what you are saying, and I wouldn't say that a mask does not have situational effectiveness. If I were to walk around a nursing home with immune compromised residents I'd wear one. In general public I don't think it's necessary to wear one. I think the data from Sweden overwhelmingly points to this.
Seems reasonable. I think we’re more or less in alignment, although maybe not in the exact detail of when we’d prefer to mask up. I only really mask up if i’ll be somewhere crowded with poor ventilation or it’s cold and i forgot my scarf. Or of i don’t fancy showing my face. Pew pew!
Old 12-14-2020, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its the bit where god dies so people can luve without the burden of sin.
Yet Christ conquered the grave, and Lives, despite Death.

While God's Grace is extended to all who believe in the Son, the Christ, the Life (Zoe), the Way, the Truth, it is not extended to ALL, as you would insinuate in the above quote; without the Son one cannot have or know the Father, as has already been stated despite your futile attempts at strawmanning.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 12-14-2020 at 05:27 PM..
Old 12-14-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine how bummed this generation is going to be in 20 years when they realize that none of the things they were afraid of were any different than any other generations fears and none of the promise of eternity would come in the form of science and aliens, the same as it never did for any of the other generations.
I hear ya. I remember years past where we had some terrible flu years, and i’m not trying to talk down flu or c19, but the news would focus on the strangest details and not the obvious fact the health system was optimised for expected/typical use and had little built in redundancy to deal with spikes in demand.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

The only people I have seen upset with masks act the same as someone who tries to hide their penis in a lockeroom.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Gwaihir has a point. I think christ embodies our decency and that we can feel for him at his crucifixion knowing in a sense it's ourselves we pass judgment on. Yet, he is able to forgive. Idk really. It's what I get when I compute and feel.

Now why aren't you wearing a mask during a pandemic? Because you're angry? You want control? You're making a political statement? This is obviously a double edged sword as people could wear a mask for all the wrong reasons as well.

But, I apologize if I can only subtly hint at what I mean.

Indeed we in the west struggle with the courtesy, gentleness, and politeness tangential with human decency.

Take care peeps, especially with grandma and your loved ones.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-14-2020 at 05:32 PM..
Old 12-14-2020, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why dont we just shoot people that ask stupid questions?

Duh.
Sorry I keep conflating mask wearing with lockdowns, which I shouldn't. I don't particularly mind mask wearing, I do it myself and it's fine. It makes people feel better and that's fine. Lockdowns I very much disagree with though, and that's the analogy I should have made to speed limits. Seriously, I'm not being bitchy or facetious.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The only people I have seen upset with masks act the same as someone who tries to hide their penis in a lockeroom.
I actually was this kid. Still sorta am. Still find your reference valid.
Closed Thread